Solved

Urgent: Pass Cover Number for seat reservation (mobile pass)

I'm trying to make a seat reservation for the TGV 6035 from Paris Gare de Lyon to Montpellier Saint-Roch at 15:12-18:41 on 22/05. The Eurail website says that prices are unavailable for this train. 

If I try to book through travel.b-europe.com instead, there are still some available seats. However, in order to book my seat, the website requests a Pass Cover number in the "Ticket Details" section. Since I have a mobile Eurail pass, I do not have a Pass Cover number and am unable to complete the reservation.

How can I receive a Pass Cover Number? Is there an alternative way to book a seat on this train?

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 12 May 2022, 10:35

View original

41 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Sounds like they’re lying to you.

Last August, I tried to book reservations via them and the agent informed me they had just decided (!) not to sell Interrail reservations anymore via phone.

Some months after that, people reported they could buy reservations again from SNCF by phone.

In any case, there is no technical reason why it wouldn't be possible.

I have the same issue :( Need the pass cover number.

I have the same issue.

Magdalena I sent you a private message with pass number starting with EU. Can you please help?

I managed to get my situation resolved by calling the train company direct in Belgium. They were very helpful indeed and allowed me to make the reservation and pay by credit card over the phone.

I initially tried the French Rail company as the whole journey is in France but it is a Belgian train for some reason.  They were insistent that I couldn’t make seat reservations over the phone so it is confusing I’m afraid.

Good luck!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I initially tried the French Rail company as the whole journey is in France but it is a Belgian train for some reason.  They were insistent that I couldn’t make seat reservations over the phone so it is confusing I’m afraid.

You've been lied to by SNCF staff. I've since seen new messages from people who booked their Interrail reservations via the SNCF phone service. Whose train it is, is irrelevant (but domestic trains in France are not operated by Belgian railways).

Pleased to say the pass cover numbers turned up at 8:23 am today by email.

It would appear that Customer Services don’t work over the weekend so couldn’t respond to our email but have done it at the first available opportunity.

The email address to use is support@myinterrail.co.uk

Good luck and thanks for the excellent support on here.

Hello everyone, me and three friends have been planning a train trip through Europe in July. We all have our Interrail mobile passes ready. We have now gotten around to booking seats on some of the trains, but have struggled to book high speed trains from Amsterdam to France on July 6th. The seats seem to be fully sold out on the Interrail website, leaving us the option of instead booking via travel.b-europe.com. However, one member of our group didn’t receive the same confirmation mail as the rest of us - his is lacking the Pass Cover number that is required for booking seats via external non-Interrail websites. We are positive that he bought an Interrail pass and not a Eurail pass. He is the only one of us with this issue and he has not been able to reach Interrail customer support.

Here’s the info about the specific trains I’m trying to book:

Amsterdam Centraal (13:15) - Paris Nord (16:38)

Paris Gare de Lyon (17:37) - Marseille-St-Charles (20:57)

both on date: 06/7 - 2022

They don’t seem to be sold out on b-europe.com, so the only thing stopping me from making the reservations is that I need my friend’s passcover number!

@Magdalena you seem to have been able to help people in the past with this issue, is there any chance you could help us as well? We would greatly appreciate any guidance, however small!

Best regards, Edvin

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Eddo 

Make a new post with your travel details please. You will get more help that way.

@AnnaB Will do, thank you for the tip! Were there any additional details I left out that you think may be of importance?

@Magdalena Hi! Can you help me with the same problem? I need a Pass Cover Number for seat reservation. I already sent a message to custom service, but I did’t receive any answer. My travel starts in one week. Thank you!

Hi, I have the same issue with my pass cover number and need it urgently! @Magdalena, could you possibly help?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Magdalena Hi! Can you help me with the same problem? I need a Pass Cover Number for seat reservation. I already sent a message to custom service, but I did’t receive any answer. My travel starts in one week. Thank you!

@Constantin Onutu 

If you make a new separate post with your travel details you will get advice on how to make reservations without the pass cover number.

@Magdalena could you help provide me a Pass Cover Number? I’m trying to reserve on b-europe website and it won't let me book without it. Thanks in advance! We are running short on time and incredibly stressed =(

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Magdalena could you help provide me a Pass Cover Number? I’m trying to reserve on b-europe website and it won't let me book without it. Thanks in advance! We are running short on time and incredibly stressed =(

You can now generate one yourself.

Hi @Magdalena 
Can you please help me with getting pass cover number too as I need to book on t-europe website. I have sent you PM with my digital pass nos.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Magdalena 
Can you please help me with getting pass cover number too as I need to book on t-europe website. I have sent you PM with my digital pass nos.

Thanks

@priyanka.gupta06 

You can use the Pass Cover Number generator to get your PCN

https://community.eurail.com/news-and-announcements-39/pass-cover-number-generator-is-live-5653