Solved

CDG airport TGV to Colmar

• 9 February 2024
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi 

I’ve read the important info in this post: https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105

• Train travels within France only 
  • Travel date: May 11, 2024; flight land at 10:20am
  • First train ride needed: CDG airport TGV to Colmar (have purchase 3 eurail passes - 6 days within 1 month)

I understand that I can only purchase seat reservation 90 days in advance. so should be to purchase on Feb 11. 

Questions:

On Deutsche Bahn, Trainline  & Rail Planner app, both show 16:52 -19:21 (1 TGV 9874 + 1 TER 96235). Yes I’ve read from the link above that I should not use Rail Planner to plan my trips.

However on SNCF Connect app, it shows 2:59pm to 6:21pm (3h22min; TGV 9874 to Strasbourg; then TER 96233 to Colmar)

Which schedule is correct? How could TGV 9874 be happening at 16:52/4:52pm (Deutsche Bahn, Trainline & Rail Planner apps) and also at 2:59pm (SNCF Connect app info)

I’m guessing the SNCF Connect app is wrong. What are you advice on which apps or website to use when checking schedules for train travel within France? 

Thank you very much in advance.

icon

Best answer by Hektor 9 February 2024, 06:07

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If in doubt, trust the operator's own information, in this case SNCF. This may be a timetable change that is already in SNCF's system but hasn't made it yet to other systems.

Hi 

I’ve read the important info in this post: https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105

• Train travels within France only 
  • Travel date: May 11, 2024; flight land at 10:20am
  • First train ride needed: CDG airport TGV to Colmar (have purchase 3 eurail passes - 6 days within 1 month)

I understand that I can only purchase seat reservation 90 days in advance. so should be to purchase on Feb 11. 

Questions:

On Deutsche Bahn, Trainline  & Rail Planner app, both show 16:52 -19:21 (1 TGV 9874 + 1 TER 96235). Yes I’ve read from the link above that I should not use Rail Planner to plan my trips.

However on SNCF Connect app, it shows 2:59pm to 6:21pm (3h22min; TGV 9874 to Strasbourg; then TER 96233 to Colmar)

Which schedule is correct? How could TGV 9874 be happening at 16:52/4:52pm (Deutsche Bahn, Trainline & Rail Planner apps) and also at 2:59pm (SNCF Connect app info)

I’m guessing the SNCF Connect app is wrong. What are you advice on which apps or website to use when checking schedules for train travel within France? 

Thank you very much in advance.

SNCF app is showing the same timetable as everywhere else - 16.52 for this train. Maybe you did use a wrong date by accident? It’s running at 14.59 a few days before.

There's no 90 day frame - it's possible to book yet. Use www.raileurope.com (desktop version) to reserve it withou a fee.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Thank you @rvdborgt  & @Hektor 

Since the transfer (TER train  from  Strasbourg to Colmar ) is short and if we missed the train can I ask if I just add a new/next train “Strasbourg to Colmar” on my euro rail pass and take it?

thank you 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Sure, there are no reservations for TER, just take the next one.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @rvdborgt again

Hektor said there’s 90 day in advance and that I can book a seat now, but if I go to http://www.raileurope.com/ how do I make a seat reservation? I only see prices for seats.

Can you provide any help?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Desktop version under add railpass.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@thibcabe Do I need to create an account to reserve a seat on Rail Europe site? Thanks

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@thibcabe also it only gives the option of eurail global pass 2nd class that I can choose. Is that correct? 

I’ve got 6 days within 1 month for France only pass. Is it correct to choose Eurasia global pass 2nd class? 

update: I think I might have figured out why I couldn’t move forward for CDG to Colmar seat reservation on Rail Europe. I need to split the trips and just put in CDG to Colmar and maybe it will give me the seat reservation cost. Will try later this morning. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Ah to make things easier, I’ve created an account on Rail Europe as it stores my 2 other passengers info. & gives me the option to save my searches.

I’ve succeeded in purchasing 3 seat reservations for CDG to Strasbourg (TGV) for 16:52 train.

Thank you again everyone for all your help!