Solved

Missed Eurostar Paris to London due to SNCF cancellation

Show first post

26 replies

Userlevel 1

Thanks all. Well, the latest is that I got to Montparnasse, having come from SNCF at gare du Nord where I left all my luggage. Thank goodness and I'm glad I did as the manager at Montparnasse was so rude, unhelpful and refused to honour the supposed hotel that is been told has been booked. He shouted at me and spoke over me in aggressively in French (my French is ok but he spoke loudly and very fast and I didn't understand everything). I asked him to repeat his points so I could understand, and he then said that he was ending all conversation with me, that I'd had a hotel last night and it was gare du Nord's responsibility to look after me. And with that he walked off. By then I realised there was no point wasting yet more time and energy. So, I headed back to gare du Nord, by which time the SNCF office was closed. I think they sent me there deliberately to get me off their case and pass the buck. I took my stuff and booked into the same hotel I was in last night. 

What a day, and I'm still stranded in Paris with my dog.l, having left Spain on Friday lunchtime. I hope I don't meet any of the idiots tomorrow that I had to deal with today. They were all completely useless and worse, just plain rude and nasty. Fingers crossed I manage to get home tomorrow.. Thanks for the legislation links everyone, I mentioned these to the rude SNCF manager at Montparnasse and it caused him to explode, loudly in French...🤔