Skip to main content
Solved

My train was cancelled (Nightjet) and I am going by bus, can I be refund ?

• 13 July 2024
  • 4 replies

Hello,

My OBB nightjet train was cancelled and I am now going from Paris to Vienna by bus. Can I get a refund for the bus which is more expensive?

Also, since it was the first train of my trip which is today, can I cancel my first day of global pass? The app says that I can't because the train is today but there are no more trains. I could use this day in Poland to visit the Salt mine and Auschwitz.

Thanks for your help.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

ÖBB will refund you the Nightjet reservation for sure. They should pay you the bus journey but it'll likely be a battle with their customer service (feel free to contact Interrail too).

An active pass day cannot be cancelled: that's why we recommend to activate it at the last-minute, right before boarding. Interrail doesn't have to give you back the unused pass day but they might do so as a commercial gesture. Follow this link: https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new

It's been 1 month since I made a refund request. I did it again 2 weeks ago but still no response. Is there anything I can do to get a refund? I don't know if they are ignoring me on purpose but it's starting to get annoying.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

ÖBB? Try again. I don't think they're avoiding it on purpose but they're rather understaffed.

Did you receive a confirmation email or something when you wrote to them? There might be contact details.

Fortunately I haven't needed to deal with Nightjet cancellations (yet).

If Interrail, they've should answered a long time ago.

Yes, I was talking about OBB, Interrail responded quickly.

I received a confirmation email but it doesn't contain any contact details. It says “if you´re entitled to a refund according to European passenger rights, you will receive a reply respectively a confirmation in any case.