Solved

Train timetable can be found offline but not online

• 28 March 2024
  • 6 replies

When I connect to Wifi or mobile data and search the trains from Heidelburg to Trier in Rail Planner it returns no results (see screenshot 1), but if I disconnect from Internet and search again many trains can be found (see screeshot2). How do I solve this or is it only possible to search trains offline?

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 29 March 2024, 11:39

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Did you sign up for the beta planner? Some beta versions indeed have a problem with finding timetables while online. The current beta version does work online. If yours doesn't then please update your app.

You can also go into More > Settings and turn off "Always search online [beta]”, which will make the planner use the offline timetable, also when online.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Which version of the Railplanner app are you using? The information is found under "more".

Did you sign up for the beta planner? Some beta versions indeed have a problem with finding timetables while online. The current beta version does work online. If yours doesn't then please update your app.

You can also go into More > Settings and turn off "Always search online [beta]”, which will make the planner use the offline timetable, also when online.

Thank you for your reply! I did sign up for the beta version and it worked well at first. The problem occurred a few days ago and after that I quitted the beta and re-downloaded the app, but the problem still exists. I didn't see any update available in Google Play Store, do I need to join the beta again to be able to search online?

Which version of the Railplanner app are you using? The information is found under "more".

Hello, my version is 40.5.0.beta

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

That means you still have the beta, and not the latest beta version, because that's 4.5.1 beta. That version can search online.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Xiao Jian If you update the app to the most recent version, then the search functionality should work again.