Solved

Cancel travel day

• 15 September 2022
  • 6 replies

I’m a bit confused about canceling a travel day.
I have a 7 day flexi pass and have used 4 days.

I have added day 5 of my trip to My Pass but I want to change the train times I have booked.

If I cancel the travel day does that cancel the current bookings so I can then add my new bookings?

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 15 September 2022, 11:25

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The app doesn't have a connection to any reservations that you have made, if you mean reservations when you write "bookings". Just adding a train in a journey to your Trip doesn't make any booking. 

Then you should never activate a travel day until just before boarding the first train of that day.

Does this answer your question?

Thanks Anna

It doesn’t quite answer my question. I’m not sure what you mean by activate.
 I have added the train journey to My Trip, then hit the Travel Day button so the journey connected to My Pass.
Does this mean I have activated it?  

I really want to know if I can cancel a travel day from My Pass and then add another journey. 

When I say reservation I mean a reservation or booking for a particular train journey, not a seat reservation 
thanks Jon

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You never make a reservation or booking for a particular train in the app. In the app you just register the trains that you take. There is no reservation or booking involved.

The recommendation from the experience travellers is to never activate a journey, that is connect the journey to your pass, until you are 100% sure that you will board the first train of that travel day. You should therefore cancel all your travel days and then activate them one by one on that specific day.

Please read more below. 

Here is some useful information from the experienced travellers in the Community regarding both planning, reservations and activation of pass and travel days. 

Planning

The rail planner is normally not up to date, as it only is updated once a month, so to be sure of the time table you better check the timetable and availability on the websites of the national railways. The bigger national railways, like DB (Germany) SBB (Switzerland) and ÖBB (Austria) cover several countries. 

Reservations 

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is to use other ways to make reservations than the Interrail/Eurail website.  You can look at the guide in the link:

https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105

If you, after having looked at the guide, have questions about how to make specific reservation, please give your travel details (departure date, time and route) preferably in a new topic, and you will get advice.

Please note that Interrail/Eurail charges an extra fee of 2 EUR per person and train in addition to the fee for the seat reservation.

Activation of pass

During the activation process, when you choose the start day of the validity of the pass, the first day of the validity period is automatically made a travel day, even if you don't enter a journey, the advice is therefore not to activate the pass before the first travel day as you only can deactivate the pass before 00.00 on the day the validity starts. If your travel plans change in the last moment you will loose travel days if you have activated the pass in advance.

It can be wise to make a test and activate the pass with a start date well in the future and then deactivate the pass immediately, just to see that everything works.

Activation of travel day

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is also never to activate a travel day, that is connect a journey to your pass and create the ticket (QR code), until just before boarding the train, otherwise you might loose a travel day if your travel plans change in a late stage  You can't delete a travel day in the past. A travel day can only be deleted until 23.59 CET the day before the travel day.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Edit: @AnnaB was quicker to reply ;)

Yes if, it shows up in “My Pass” it is activited.

A travel day can only be deleted until 23.59 CET the day before the travel day. You can normally hit the “Travel Day” button again, and then it doesn’t show up in the pass any more. If you travel e.g. today 15/09, it’s too late to cancel your travel day.

BUT! You can always adapt your journey or change the times in “MyTrip” by adding trains and/or deleting trains you don’t want to use on this travel day. This doesn’t cancel the travel day.This can happen even last minute, or during your trip, or even afterwards if you made a mistake, but it never cancel your travel day on the day itself or afterwards.

Can you be a bit more detailed about your planned route, it might clarify a lot for us?

The typical European rail lingo can be a bit confusing :)

Thank you so much Anna

Now you have really clarified things for me. 
i didn’t understand that by selecting trains in My Trip I was only registering trains I would like to take. I thought I was booking for a particular journey. I have got my trip all sorted now. 
I think the Eurail app could be clearer on how this process works

thanks very much for your excellent help

cheers, Jon 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Leevo 

I hope you will have a nice trip. Just ask again if you have more questions.