DO NO USE Eurail. HORRIBLE COMPANY

• 14 December 2022
  • 32 replies

Show first post

32 replies

Not a troll.

My elderly mother used my card and bought the WRONG TICKETS. I tried to get a refund IMMEDIATELY.  I then tried to roll with and make it work anyways but there is LITERALLY ZERO available seat for ANY train leaving to ANY country from our departure city. So the pass is COMPLETELY useless and out trip is totally messed up now.  The costumer service person emails me that YES, there is no way to know you cant make the seat reservation until AFTER you have the pass, and YES the website makes it really difficult to see when trains are sold out. And YES, they can that see the passes were bought within minutes of the refund request but NO they do not care and will keep my money. THIS IS THEFT.   And all of you who think its appropriate that Eurail refuse to give people money back for such a situation and stand up for a multi million dollar company fucking over the little guy over what is a very small amount of money to them, but a large amount for me…. enjoy the stockholm syndrome.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I am-also via many such reactions, quite well aware that USAers first start to scream SCAM!! and then only after calming down are even able to think logic for a moment-if at all. Preferably with such loud voices that the whole world can also enjoy it.

So-assuming you stated all things right, which very often is not the case in these problems, it is an unjustified charge on your (USA always have loads of them nah?) Cr-cd and thus, IMHO, YOU have to contact the cr-cd company and start a dispute or ask them to show who did this charge and who did allow it. Seems to me the very logical step #1 anyway.

Having in my working life had to deal with travel-insurance claims, I have thus also learnt to be even more nosey as a police officer after an assumed theft would be. Good luck with it. And lower that voice.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If you can explain exactly what has happen maybe you can get some advice?  There might be some misunderstanding. 

Normally it takes several hours at least to get an answer from Customer Support so I am surprised that you got an answer so quickly.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Before you wrote that you couldn’t get reservations for trains that you would like to use, now you are saying that they charged your creditcard for no reason? Sounds like you are a troll. Hopefully soon an admin will tell you “good bye”.

So when you get a charge on your credit card that YOU DID NOT MAKE and explain it to them with minutes, and they refuse to give all your money back, that isnt stealing?? 

Hate to break it to you IT IS.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Luluc and please STOP to spam all other questions here. 

We get it you are angry. yes Eurail can do a lot better, but they do not steal nothing. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thanks for your meaningful post!

Next time better do your homework instead of making a ridiculous post...