Sticky Beta Test

Join our Beta Test: Win 2 Free Passes and Help Us Improve our Rail Planner App!

• 11 March 2024
  • 27 replies
Join our Beta Test: Win 2 Free Passes and Help Us Improve our Rail Planner App!
Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hey there, fellow traveller! Do you have any exciting Eurail/Interrail adventures planned in the next few weeks? We are inviting you to join us on a little mission to make our app even better and score yourself a chance to win 2x Interrail/Eurail Global Passes for 7 travel days within 1 month (2nd class).

We’re introducing an exciting new functionality in our Rail Planner App that is designed to enhance your travel experience by giving you more up-to-date timetable data.   

We are interested in hearing about your experience with this new version of the planner. All you have to do is try out the timetable in the app as you plan your trip or travel with your Pass and share your feedback with us.

To get started: download the dedicated Beta testing app and start planning your trip using the timetable. Then continue to use the Beta testing app on your Interrail/Eurail trip. After you sign up, we’ll send you a survey. By sharing your feedback through the survey, you automatically enter into our giveaway for those 2 free Passes! There will be 2 winners and we will announce them on June 1st 🎉   

Sign-up for the test, here. Next download the test app – find the instructions for downloading the test app on iOS and Android below 👇 

Join the Beta program on iOS:

Requirements: iPhone or iPad with iOS / iPadOS 15.0 or newer  

Step 1: Download TestFlight from the App store

Your default browser will open one of these pages 👇

If the 1st page opens then go ahead and follow Apple’s instructions. 
If the 2nd page opens please try tapping on the open button or try again later. 

Step 2. Download and install TestFlight on your device and then click on “Start testing” under Join the Beta for our app 

Step 3.You will then be able to see the beta version of our app in TestFlight.   

Step 4. While using the app to plan your journeys, you can send us feedback directly from TestFlight or from the application. 

• TestFlight: tap on the app, then tap on “Send Beta Feedback”  
  • App: “More” tab -> Give us feedback

Step 5. Go to your app settings and enable error logging. 

Step 6. Tapping on the Rail Planner app in Testflight reveals additional options, such as notifications about the Beta version and automatic updates. We recommend selecting both of these options.  

Step 7. You will receive a survey link in your email. Only by filling in your feedback in this survey will you be able to enter the Pass giveaway.  

Leave Beta Program on iOS 

Simply download the non-Beta version from the App Store. 

Join Beta program on Google Play 

Step 1. To open the Rail Planner app page on Google Play Store on your Android device, you can follow either of these two options: 

• Click on the Google Play Store link for our app

• Manually open the Google Play Store app on your device, and search for “Rail Planner”

Step 2. Scroll down a bit, find “Join the Beta” section, and click on “Join”. 

Step 3. Confirm the Beta program. 

Step 4. After a few minutes, you will receive the update from Google Play Store. Update the app to install the Beta version. 

Step 5. You will receive a survey link in your email. Only by filling in your feedback in this survey will you be able to enter the Pass giveaway.  

Leave Beta Program on Google Play 

Please note that if you want to use the official Rail Planner App you will need to leave the Beta Program.

Step 1. To open the Rail Planner app page on Google Play Store on your Android device, you can follow either of these two options: 

• Click on the Google Play Store link for our app

• Manually open Google Play Store app on your device, and search for “Rail Planner” 

Step 2. Scroll down a bit, find “You’re a Beta tester” section, and click on “Leave”. 

Step 3. Confirm by clicking on “Leave” again. 

Step 4. Wait for a few minutes until Google Play removes your account from the Beta program. 

Step 5. Uninstall and install the Rail Planner app again. 

Share feedback for the android app

You can share your feedback while using the beta test app in three ways:

1.  By writing a review in the Google Play Store page for the app 👇

1. In the app – click on the “More” tab and then use the “Give us feedback” option
  2. By turning on error logging in the app: This allows the app to directly share feedback everytime it encounters a technical error. and include their deviceID in their feedback For this, go to the top right “More” tab in the app, click on the Settings page, scroll to the bottom of the page and turn on “Enable error logging”. You will then see your Device ID there which will be shared with us during error logging.

27 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If I install the beta version and then go back to the non-beta version, will an active pass still be in the app? Will my previous trips and passes still be in the app?

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@rvdborgt Yes. Passes and trips are linked to your device, not the app. So after a re-install, they will be synced in the app as soon as your phone connects to the internet.

Tried to download the beta version on my phone (samsung), but it still got the notification that it has to been taken care of. I am already waiting for 20 minutes

Is there any chance the beta app will unexpectedly leave me hanging? Doing UK-NL-DE-AT starting in 2 weeks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I wouldn't travel with a beta version. I plan toi download and play around with it, but return to the non-beta app to travel.

Hi, when will I receive the email with the survey? I've been waiting for about one day :c

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi all, thank you for the great interest in joining this test and downloading the beta app. There might be some confusion about the survey. We will share the link within 2 weeks. You can expect the link via an email on March 25. Please start using the planner in the Beta app and we will ask you via the survey about your experience 😊

Kind regards, 

Jody (Eurail)

Do you have an overview of the changes, or what to pay attention to when testing? The beta app doesn't seem too different to the normal version.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@markc  The Beta version is almost exactly the same as the standard app. However, the beta version offers more current timetable information, so if you want to test the differences I recommend paying extra attention to when you are using the app online or offline. We don’t have an overview of the exact changes because providing them is not part of our test plan. I hope you enjoy testing :)

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hello 😊 I wanted to jump in and assure everyone that traveling with the Beta version of the app is completely safe. You can trust that it will provide a reliable experience throughout your journey.

I joined the beta test and updated the app. Now it can no longer find any trains in the Railplanner. The beta version doesn't work.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I could find trains in the beta version until the latest update was installed (40.4.0 beta).

I could find trains in the beta version until the latest update was installed (40.4.0 beta).

I have this version. When I'm online I don't get any results. When I turn off the internet I get results.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I have this version. When I'm online I don't get any results. When I turn off the internet I get results.

Indeed; the beta version before 40.4.0 did give results while online.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@Benedikt @rvdborgt There was indeed a bug in that version, a new version was released  today and the problem is fixed now. An update will fix the problem.

Hi, I got the email with the survey today, but right before writing my email to join the draw it crashed.. And when I went back to the survey link it said "you already completed the survey". But I had no chance to write my email! How can I get another email? Or whom I can contact to explain the issue? 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi @Taisiasr that’s a shame. Thank you for reaching out. I checked the back-end of the survey and everything looks fine, so this can be a single incident. However very good that you notify us. Please send an email to research@eurail.com then I'll help you out. 

Kind regards,

Jody

Looks like the 40.5.0.beta version has the same (or similar) bug where I can’t seem to find any trains when the device is online. Changing dates or country doesn’t help either, it just can’t find anything.

Already took the survey yesterday so can’t report it that way anymore.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Jody When will there be an update so that the betaversion loads timetables again? 

I have not received any survey by e-mail yet. Should I have received one, or are the surveys sent on different dates to different people?

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@AnnaB Good morning. The developers told me that they will release an update this morning. They survey is send to all people who signed up via the form from the start till 22 March. If you signed up after 22 March you will receive the link 2 weeks later. I'll reach out to you by email. 

Kind regards,

Jody

Ich habe noch nicht die Umfrage per Mail erhalten, aber ich kann schon jetzt sagen, dass die Gleisangaben in Deutschland auf keinen Fall stimmen!

Die Gleisangabe vom Abfahrtsbahnhof ist in Wirklichkeit die Gleisangabe vom Zielbahnhof (und anders herum auch).

Zudem sieht man nicht mehr den Endbahnhof des Zuges. Das wäre schön, wenn diese Funktion wieder funktioniert.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Ich habe noch nicht die Umfrage per Mail erhalten, aber ich kann schon jetzt sagen, dass die Gleisangaben in Deutschland auf keinen Fall stimmen!

Wo siehst du Gleisangaben? Ich habe noch keine entdeckt...

Zudem sieht man nicht mehr den Endbahnhof des Zuges. Das wäre schön, wenn diese Funktion wieder funktioniert.

Stimmt. Obwohl die Bezeichnung "Anschrift” dafür ziemlich seltsam ist...

Wo siehst du Gleisangaben? Ich habe noch keine entdeckt...

Du musst online sein und nach Zügen in Deutschland suchen. Da stehen dann Gleisangaben.

I’ve followed all the instructions above and used the beta app in iOS with an activated pass last week. I’ve not received the survey link email? Any ideas?

I’ve followed all the instructions above and used the beta app in iOS with an activated pass last week. I’ve not received the survey link email? Any ideas?

Sorry - just seen above replies. Guess I need to wait another week or two!