Solved

reservations w eurail pass. how to check without buying / considering buying

Show first post

65 replies

hi folks ! 

if i wanted to go from basel  / bern to Barcelona.  

i see through Lyon to marseille to Barcelona.  or to paris then down.   any other way ?

i was originally trying to do genoa or nice to barcelona but it’s a little long. yeah ?

in train.station.  no problem.  50$ for 2 2nd class. thank you !   weird not avail online ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Glad that you could buy it !

Yes really weird, esp. as the train wasn't sold out and it was possible from other stations... Will see if the problem appears for other TGVs from this station

Have a good trip !

re Travel date. I am open. to when to go Barcelona.  yall had mentioned the weekend of 17-21 is holiday…..

thank you !  

my full route after amsterdam is either : over to Berlin

then Basel / Bern,   then some route to Barcelona via Italy or France. 

the number of hours traveling scares me. 

but a bit more frustrating is going to Almansa to see friends, and having to go back through Barcelona. to get to Paris.  got any ideas??

finally bought pass !

cant buy a seat reservation for either 1033 or 1432   barcelona city to paris france  on monday may 29.  maybe try another site besides eurail ?

im so sorry. i had to click the tiny button  USD  us dollars. 

to make it selectable. 

do i really have to print reservations ? 

Print-at-home tickets

• Most reservation tickets are only valid when they are printed on paper and can often not be shown on a mobile device. Please read the conditions of use on the ticket when you receive it.

separately Mallorca via ferry w Railpass ? 

we are so torn on Berlin. 

itinerary 1.   amsterdam leave 12th to Berlin until 16th.   be in Barcelona by 22 (flexible)

itinerary 2.   amsterdam leave 12th.  forget Berlin.  be in Barcelona by (flexible)

#2 would want maybe Turin (maybe not Milan)  and maybe Basel. 

# 1 no need for any more Germany if do Berlin. 

just dont want to over travel and not relax.  already doing paris 4, brussels 2, amsterdam 3.days. 

wow.  is the travel longer / harder to do marseille?

is that Bernina ?  I am lost on where that route is starting. Is it in Milan?

also do you do planning for others ?

your love for trains comes across so beautifully !  thank you !!!!!

i wondered if i could hand over my account to someone and come back to it w an itinerary. 

one slip up (by me)  from these great itinerary's could mean a slightly tough outcome.  

: ))

would you say this differently, please ? 

• Chur - Tirano direct Bernina Express (but on the first reservation-free coaches) or using regional trains via St. Moritz

we are on scared side. 

and might settle for this:   (but still consider Bernina)

12th .amsterdam to munich  2 days

14th munich to basel  2 days

16th basel to Marseille  2 days 

18th Marseille to barcelona 

(open to one more day on one of these or two more elsewhere)

((interested if this is a safe bet as it runs into the watch out for holiday people weekend))

im sorry its so boring.  but it is less stops.  we have a 7day pass.  we need one for barcelona to paris. 

and…… wouldn't mind 2 days for barcelona to almansa, leaving 0. 

i am going to miss not seeing Italy though. really enjoyed trains there btw. Trenatalia !!!

pushing off tomorrow midday w nothing booked passed amsterdam !!!