Solved

Benefits of a Switzerland Travel Pass - Can I take them without using a travel day?

• 11 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Hello together :)
I’d have the following question:

With a Switzerland Intervall Pass (a One Country Pass) of 4 days within 30 days, may I use the benefits (for example 50 % discount on Pilatusbahn, Vierwaldstättersee, Glacier Express, …) on only the 4 days I’ve chosen to travel or on each of the 30 days?

Or are there differences between the type of benefit? For example that I could use the benefit for the Pilatusbahn whenever I want in the 30 days, but that I can only use the benefit for the Glacier express on one of the 4 days I’ve chosen?

Thank you so much!

David

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 12 November 2022, 07:41

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

All of the discount benefits can be used for the full duration of the pass overall validity, there is no requirement to have an activated travel day to use them.

It is always best to compare the discounts given against any local offers that may be available, there is no guarantee that the passholder discount will be the cheapest available for any given event/service.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Travelling on the Glacier Express requires a travel day as you get a 100% discount on the ticket. What you pay for on the GE is a high seat reservation fee and that is not a benefit. You can travel the route of the GE with regional train without reservation and then you only use a travel day.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Again: DO note there is also a Swiss TOurist pass-works same way, cost a little more, but hs FAR more availablity and is valid also on ALL local transit-bustram etc. and in fact also for many museums. IF your hols are mostly limited to Swiss for most the better buy!