Solved

Boarding at next station

• 2 April 2023
  • 4 replies

I am travelling from Barcelona to Paris via TGV Inoui 9708. I have purchased the global pass and have made my seat reservations from Barcelona. However, i am planning to visit Girona as well. Can i board the train from Girona (which is the next station after barcelona) ? Does this cause any problems?

icon

Best answer by Mukhammad 4 April 2023, 16:06

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

I am travelling from Barcelona to Paris via TGV Inoui 9708. I have purchased the global pass and have made my seat reservations from Barcelona. However, i am planning to visit Girona as well. Can i board the train from Girona (which is the next station after barcelona) ? Does this cause any problems?

Hi @Bhoamik,

This is not supposed to cause any problems, as long as you board on the exact train written on the sear reservation ticket. There might be another passenger occupying your seat from the previous station, so you'll need to ask them your seat as you've reserved it.

I hope this answers your question. Have a nice trip!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Bhoamik,

This is not supposed to cause any problems, as long as you board on the exact train written on the sear reservation ticket. There might be another passenger occupying your seat from the previous station, so you'll need to ask them your seat as you've reserved it.

@Mukhammad  Carefull some reservations expires 15mins after depature. Means from then the Conductor could sell the seats again if not occupied by you. This rule works atleast for Optional Reservations like that. 

In my experience that never happend on Reservation Compulsory trains like TGV but it´s still a minor risk. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hi @Bhoamik,

@Mukhammad  Carefull some reservations expires 15mins after depature. Means from then the Conductor could sell the seats again if not occupied by you. This rule works atleast for Optional Reservations like that. 

In my experience that never happend on Reservation Compulsory trains like TGV but it´s still a minor risk. 

Hi @seewulf,

Thank you for giving the insight about it!

@Bhoamik therefore this is the best to be consulted to the respective railway companies, as the rule may vary depending on them.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Bhoamik,

Hi @seewulf,

Thank you for giving the insight about it!

@Bhoamik therefore this is the best to be consulted to the respective railway companies, as the rule may vary depending on them.

Had it few years back on the Nighttrain from Munich to Croatia traveler didnt joined in Munich and there were few from the seating carriage that wanted to upgrade to sleeper. 15mins after depature the conductor sold the sleeper spaces again as he assumed the original traveler wont show up. When then the original traveler showed up in Salzburg they found their sleeper cabin full :/