Solved

Booking reservation with Bus replacement trip (Norway-Sweden)

• 14 April 2023
  • 8 replies

I am planning to travel Stockholm to Trondheim on June 8th. but at present the Vy & Sj timetable show it is bus replacemet service from Duved-Stolien-Trondheim.

Sockholm-Duved  Train 80

Duved-Storlien Bus 571

Storlien-Trondheim Bus 71

The Interrail planner will only show the train part of the trip Stockholm-Duved. I can book a reservation for that OK.

My question is how I can book reservation on the Bus replecement sections Duved-Storlien and Storlien-Trondheim?

icon

Best answer by Hektor 14 April 2023, 22:05

View original

8 replies

There’s nothing to book. Yo do just go to the bus stop, say “Hello” to the bus driver and enter the bus.

At least that’s how I did it last summer on this section...

Thanks for that,

I am planning to travel Stockholm to Trondheim on June 8th. but at present the Vy & Sj timetable show it is bus replacemet service from Duved-Stolien-Trondheim.

Sockholm-Duved  Train 80

Duved-Storlien Bus 571

Storlien-Trondheim Bus 71

The Interrail planner will only show the train part of the trip Stockholm-Duved. I can book a reservation for that OK.

My question is how I can book reservation on the Bus replecement sections Duved-Storlien and Storlien-Trondheim?

hello, i have a similar question. I’m trying to find a route from Duved to Storlien (traveling to Trondheim)

Due to maintenance the route is not operating on some days. This Bus 571 is also not opperating on the weekends. Anyone has an idea how i get from duved to storlien on July 15th?
From Storlien to Trondheim i could find a replacement bus but not from duved to Storlien...

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

From Storlien to Trondheim i could find a replacement bus but not from duved to Storlien...

Check the train company's information. If they don't show a bus replacement during weekends, then ask them directly what they offer on those days.

Came across this thread because I was looking to do the same line, and sadly when I’m planning to go (28th of August) they’re working either on the Swedish or Norwegian section of the line.

Taking the 571 bus between Storlien and Duved is the easiest but the wait time of 5h30 is crazy!
Anyone here found any better options?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Came across this thread because I was looking to do the same line, and sadly when I’m planning to go (28th of August) they’re working either on the Swedish or Norwegian section of the line.

Taking the 571 bus between Storlien and Duved is the easiest but the wait time of 5h30 is crazy!
Anyone here found any better options?

Like I wrote above: Check the train company's information. If they don't show a bus replacement during weekends, then ask them directly what they offer on those days. Bus 571 is not a rail replacement bus, unless the operator says you can use it with train tickets, like an Interrail pass. The trains Duved-Storlien  that connect with the trains to Trondheim are operated by Vy Norrtåg.

On 28 August, entur.no shows 2 trains Storlien-Trondheim. sj.se indeed only shows local buses Duved-Storlien, resulting in change times of 2h14 and 1h59 in Storlien.

But it looks to me like Vy Norrtåg haven't uploaded any timetables yet from 28 August.

Like I wrote above: Check the train company's information. If they don't show a bus replacement during weekends, then ask them directly what they offer on those days. Bus 571 is not a rail replacement bus, unless the operator says you can use it with train tickets, like an Interrail pass. The trains Duved-Storlien  that connect with the trains to Trondheim are operated by Vy Norrtåg.

Thanks for replying!
I’ll try to ask the operator see what they have to say. You got any idea when the timetables update for Vy? I didn’t see they were not up to date and you might be right as there are engineering works listed for September on that line, not on my travel date.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I’ll try to ask the operator see what they have to say. You got any idea when the timetables update for Vy? I didn’t see they were not up to date.

I honestly have no idea.