Solved

Caledonian Sleeper reservation with Eurail Pass....

• 8 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello everybody!

Just joined the community and have a question about making reservations on the Caledonian Sleeper with the Global Eurail Pass. Went through the community posts on the topic and was able to select the “Room Supplement” option as advised by the community.

However, the booking amount does not change much… The Club option amount comes down to GBP420 from 425 while the Classic option amount in fact goes up from GBP 290 to 300. What is even more strange is that the Seat option is “Sold Out” after selecting Room Supplement option. I have a Global Eurail Pass (2-month/First Class) for a family of 2 adults and 2 children aged 6 & 8 years. 

Before selecting Room Supplement option:

After selecting Room Supplement option:

icon

Best answer by Hektor 8 March 2023, 15:58

View original

3 replies

Hello, that's correct. But it's just because a family ticket is very cheap compared to sleeper supplements. Would be different if you'd like to book just for two adults.

Free seat reservations for pass holder aren't possible online. You need to call. That's why it's not available (which is shown as "sold out" unfortunately). At least that category would be much cheaper with a rail pass.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks for the prompt reply Hektor.

I tried booking for 2 adults… just for the heck of it and here is what I got:

By the way, where do I call for free seat reservations for passholders?

Thanks for the prompt reply Hektor.

I tried booking for 2 adults… just for the heck of it and here is what I got:

And now compare with the sleeper supplements. :-)

By the way, where do I call for free seat reservations for passholders?

It's possible to click here.