Solved

Cannot find RE80 train from Milano Centrale to Lugano.

• 30 November 2022
  • 7 replies

I’ve plan to go to Lugano from Milano Centrale and on that day I’ll use Eurail for Italy.

And I’ll take Train RE80 from Milano Centrale to Lugano at 12:43 on 02.Jan.2023

So I cannot find this train in timetable.

Dose it means, I cannot take this train? or I can take but no need to reserve a seat?

Thanks. 

icon

Best answer by Angelo 30 November 2022, 14:21

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

You can take it, no need for reservations since it’s a regional train. It’s probably not loaded in the rail planner app. It only updates once a month, and all the new schedules after Dec 11th have been loaded into it last weeks. The app is not reliable. Always use local planners.

If it’s still doesnt show up, you can always add it manually in your app.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There is no train from Lugano to Milan at 12.43 on the 2nd of January 2023, se picture below. 

If you have a one country Eurail pass for Italy you must buy a normal ticket for the part of the train ride that counts as Switzerland  (Lugano-Chiasso)

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@AnnaBWeird, on the SBB website it says there are for that date!

EDIT: aah, now I see. You did Lugano-Milan, and I checked the other way.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@AnnaBWeird, on the SBB website it says there are for that date!

EDIT: aah, now I see. You did Lugano-Milan, and I checked the other way.

@BrendanDB I was wrong. I mixed up the directions. Thanks for double checking. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Watdee nong.

These trains -rot fay fa- cannot even be REServed. Same-same as now here in Krung Thep for new Red line rot fay fa. EUrail 1 country is only valid in 1 country and Lugano is some 20-25 KMs in Swiss from border. You have to pay that and that is not cheap, from the stop at border= Chiasso. And pay again if you travel onward or come back from Lugano. But if you take the EC-trains, a bit more comfy and hardly any faster the surcharge is much, much higher.  Khrap.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Trenord (the rail company of the train on the italian part has not published their timetables yet - usualy they come some days before timetable change at 11 dec 2022.

Thank for all replied.

More infomation about my trip.

After cross border,I’ll use Saver Day Pass to travel in Swiss.

I’ll check timetable again after 11 Dec 2022 and I hope it’ll be updated.