Solved

Dont understand travel days

• 24 February 2023
  • 4 replies

I want to travel from Lithuania to Lisbon (Portugal) , clean travel time is 42h so its like two days? Or make it simpler, if you travel 2 countries in 1 day, thats still 1 day in pass? 

Thanx guys

icon

Best answer by Schelte 24 February 2023, 16:19

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Every natural day (between 00:00 and 23:59 CET) that you board a train counts as a travel day.

I don’t know how you intend to get from Lithuania to Lisbon, but I think that’s not possible in just two travel days. Getting from Barcelona to Lisbon already requires a travel day, and I don’t think you can get to Barcelona in just a day from Lithuania.

Thx, i talking about pass where i can use 7 days in month, for example i traveling 2 countries in 24hours (same day), its meens one day used? and if i traveling for example from june 22 20pm and end on june 23 11am , i can take another train that day (june 23)?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

You can take as many trains as you want between 0:00 and 23:59 CET. So you can take as many trains, cross as many borders, do as many routes, like you want on that active travel day.

If you board a nighttrain at for example 23:30, that ends its trip at 08:00 the next day, you can finish this leg without the need for an extra travel day. As soon as you switch trains, you’ll need an extra travel day of course.

You best split up your trip in manageable sections of 6-8 hours a day. Then count how many travel days you need.

42 hours up straight in trains, is not pleasant, not even for the very enthusiastic travelers.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

What matters is when you board the train, in the CET timezone. If you board one train at 23:50 on day one, and the second at 00:01 you’ll need two travel days.

Thx, i talking about pass where i can use 7 days in month, for example i traveling 2 countries in 24hours (same day), its meens one day used?

It depends if you board a new train after midnight. If you do: you’ll need a new travel day. If you board the first train at 00:01 and the last one at 23:59 on the same day you’ll only need one travel day.

The arrival time is irrelevant, so if you board a day train first, and then a night train (before midnight) you’ll still be using just one travel day.

and if i traveling for example from june 22 20pm and end on june 23 11am , i can take another train that day (june 23)?

If you board the train at 22:20 and arrive at 11:00 am the next day you just need a travel day for the day of departure. If you take another train on the 23rd (that is, after midnight), you’ll need a second travel day.