Solved

Finland and Norway in summer

• 26 April 2023
  • 2 replies

In July my 11 year old daughter and I intend to travel from the Netherlands to Finland and then go by way of Haparanda, Sweden to Narvik, Norway and go down slowly back home. We have got over three weeks. Unfortunately one have to make reservations for all Norway trains. So there is no freedom to stay any longer or leave more early. 

We'll stay a few days in Helsinki. But what next? Which place has got beautiful nature, f.e. in the lake District and is reached easily by train? 

And do you have to make reservations for the cheap or middle price hostels in Scandinavië long before?

(Last year we went by the EU rail to Italy and Austria, almost without preparation, off course I want to help about that if needed). 

Thank you so much for helping us. 

Froukje 

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 26 April 2023, 18:13

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

For seat reservations in Norway you can use the chat function on entur.no

Reservations are sent by email while Interrail mails them at an extra cost (10€)

I don't think seat reservations would sell out a long time in advance in Norway but maybe someone has better knowledge

If you want to have somewhat cheap rooms yes it's better to book in advance

For seat reservations in Norway you can use the chat function on entur.no

Reservations are sent by email while Interrail mails them at an extra cost (10€)

I don't think seat reservations would sell out a long time in advance in Norway but maybe someone has better knowledge

If you want to have somewhat cheap rooms yes it's better to book in advance

Thank you for your help. 

It helps me a lot.