Solved

Florence to Nice (France) - reservation with OBB

• 4 June 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge
  • Keeps calm and carries on
  • 18 replies

Greetings!

I am having a difficulty in making a reservation from Florence to Nice via OBB site. OBB site says “There are no services available for this section of the journey. You will need another ticket for the section of the journey”, however, it also then list a train, implying that we have to get reservation or a seat by some other means

Q1) Am I not able to book this journey through OBB? 

Q2) Moreover, After I arrive in Milan or Rome, am I able to physically go to a train station and make this booking?

Below are screenshots showing the exact problem. (2 Adults, 2 Youth)

1. On Eurail website, I see the below

1. On OBB site, I see the below. 

Thank you

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 4 June 2023, 08:20

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

On the ÖBB website, you need to book each train separately. It often cannot handle booking pass reservations for multiple trains in one go.

In addition, the train Ventimiglia-Nice is a regional train without reservations.

Badge

Thanks @rvdborgt 

I have followed your suggestion and OBB shows me the below for Genova → Ventimiglia journey

It says “ticket not available” for many REX, R train options. Does it mean we can travel on these trains without a reservation?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

These regional trains cannot be reserved, so indeed you can travel without reservation.

Badge

When we make individual reservations on OBB because it does not support multiple reservations on the same journey, what happens in case one of the trains delays and we miss the connection? (It may not be a problem in this particular journey because if we miss ICE train, the next trains don’t offer reservations anyway)

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

REX in Italy will be on the timetable screens as RV - Regionale Veloce. 

It means regional express. A local train that does not stop in every station.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

When we make individual reservations on OBB because it does not support multiple reservations on the same journey, what happens in case one of the trains delays and we miss the connection?

If your next train has mandatory reservations, then speak with staff ASAP so they can rebook you free of charge. That does not depend on how you booked your reservations.