Solved

Having a trouble with reserving a seat with my iPhone

• 24 April 2023
  • 7 replies

I’m planning to travel in Europe soon with my Eurail Global Pass. I am not able to book a ticket for a train using my iPhone, but it worked with a laptop. I’m not going to travel with my laptop, so I really need to figure out how to book tickets online with my iPhone. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 24 April 2023, 08:00

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You can't book with the app but it should work on the website : laptop or Iphone

Hi, thank you for your reply. I tried different browsers, Safari and Google Chrome with my iPhone for many times, but it always says “something went wrong” after I filled my card information for the payment. And it worked with no problem on my computer using the same credit card.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

That's weird. Maybe someone else can help ? Post screenshots of the error message

Do you think that the website requires its desktop side instead of its mobile site to complete the reservation?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I've seen more complaints about reservations on the website not working on a phone browser, while they do work on a laptop. I don't have an explanation for it.

There are often other (and cheaper) ways to book reservations though than via Eurail. See this thread:

and this page:

https://www.seat61.com/interrail-and-eurail-reservations.htm

If you tell which train you want to book (route, date, departure time), then people can help.

Thank you very much for your helpful advice. I try to book tickets using other websites!