Solved

how to get a ticket!

• 18 April 2023
  • 6 replies

I have activated my pass and can’t find a way to deactivate it should that be needed. I have added 6 train routes to my trip and clicked the toggles to yellow which I assume links to the pass  . My first journey is tomorrow so panicking a bit! Clicking on view ticket says no trips connected to pass 😩  can anyone help me please. I activated pass 9 April as my 11 months was up 10 April , regards John 

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 18 April 2023, 12:51

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

This should never happen, since after activation, there should always be a trip connected to the pass.

1. Check the app version under More and scroll to the bottom. App version should be 30.3.0. If it is lower, then please update the app.
  2. Restart your phone.
  3. If that still doesn't help, then try to deactivate your pass:
    1. Go to My Pass
    2. Tap on your pass
    3. Tap on the 3 dots at the top right and choose Deactivate pass (or something similar - I don't have an active pass right now).
    4. After deactivating, activate the pass again.
  4. If that doesn't help, then deactivate and after that remove the pass from your device:
    1. Go to My Pass
    2. Tap on your pass
    3. Tap on the 3 dots at the top right and choose Remove Pass.
    4. After removing the pass, do the activation procedure from the start.
  5. If that still doesn't work, then contact customer service here:
    https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new
    Enable error logging and include all information mentioned here:
    https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/articles/4571649483165-Contacting-us-about-an-issue-
    Be sure to include a screenshot of the error that no trip is connected to the pass since that should never happen.

Do let us know how you get on.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@rvdborgt If @John Carney deactivates his pass he can't activate it again as it then will be expired. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@rvdborgt If @John Carney deactivates his pass he can't activate it again as it then will be expired. 

If that is the case, then step 5 becomes step 3: contact customer service.

The latest version of the app I can see available on the iPhone  App Store is 30.2.0  - which is the one I have loaded , updated 1w ago. Is this the one you mean? 

I assume I can remove the app bc and reinstall it without penalty on the off chance that would help? Regards John 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I assume I can remove the app bc and reinstall it without penalty on the off chance that would help? Regards John 

That should be possible. But if that doesn't work, then contact customer service ASAP. And include as much information as possible. We've seen similar technical problems recently recently that should be solvable.