Solved

HOW to reserve seats in EURAIL and can you edit reserved seats if you miss it?

• 23 January 2023
  • 36 replies

Badge

HI. I have read and known that apparently you can’t reserve seats from the actual Eurail planner app(which is frustrating). We will be traveling in April(after Holy Week)  from Milan to Rome, hence, I wanted to reserve seats ahead of time. What is the best site to do this for other trips as well or countries rather(Amsterdam, Paris, London, Brussels, Switzerland from Tirano). Thank you for your response.

icon

Best answer by BrendanDB 23 January 2023, 01:09

View original

36 replies

Badge

@Sherly Ruiz Stick to the time mentioned in your reservation and the Eurostar website. The rail planner app is not trustworthy. 

• Thank you..
Badge

Hi. Thank you for your response Brendan. Can you clarify for me regarding the Amsterdam to Brussels trip for me please? If I understood it right, we just go to the train station and just ride the hourly trains that run thru that route? Do I still have to generate a trip in the Eurail app?

Re the London to Paris, is Lille in London or in Paris? My reservation is from London to Paris Gord, can we still get off in Lille and just catch the train to Disney there? Do I have to generate a trip for this too?

Thank you

Yes, indeed. The IC has yellow - blue carriages and always leaves at +/- hh:45 during the weekend from Brussels - Midi or leaves from +/- hh:28 from Amsterdam Central. 

You have to generate a qr code in the app for every train journey you take.

Lille is a city in the North of France. Usually the London-Paris Eurostar does not stop there. Only those to Brussels/Amsterdam. So getting off won't be possible.

You'll need to take the RER (Train like metro in Paris) to Disneyland. This is not included in the pass. Best take in Paris Nord the RER B or D to Châtelet Les Halles, and change there to RER A to Marne-la-vallée-Chessy. Tickets for the RER can be bought in the Eurostar bar on the train normally or in the RER stations. 

Thank you...evryone is very helpful...thank you very much for your patience..i know my questions at times are redundant...

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello everyone.. Just want to know regarding travelling from Tirano, Italy to St Moritz via the Bernina Express, do I generate a QR code from the rail planner app for the tickets?  I have already reserved the seats..Thanks

You always need to have a QR when you board a train using the Eurail pass, no matter if you have a reservation or not.

Badge

Hello everyone.. Just want to know regarding travelling from Tirano, Italy to St Moritz via the Bernina Express, do I generate a QR code from the rail planner app for the tickets?  I have already reserved the seats..Thanks

You always need to have a QR when you board a train using the Eurail pass, no matter if you have a reservation or not.

I see..thank you..|I was trying to search for trains from Tirano, Italy to St Moritz but there’s no result in the rail planner app. how do I get ticket for this or I mean how do I generate a QR code? and same when I tried St Moritz to Chur or anything going to Lucerne. How do I book a ticket? Thank you

I see..thank you..|I was trying to search for trains from Tirano, Italy to St Moritz but there’s no result in the rail planner app. how do I get ticket for this or I mean how do I generate a QR code? and same when I tried St Moritz to Chur or anything going to Lucerne. How do I book a ticket? Thank you

I think you just did type it wrong. Do it exactly like this "St. Moritz". I assume you did forget the "." - "St.", not "St".

Badge

I think you just did type it wrong. Do it exactly like this "St. Moritz". I assume you did forget the "." - not "St".

---oh..let me try that then..thank you..

Badge

hello..will this be the Beenina Express train from Tirano, Italy?

hello..will this be the Beenina Express train from Tirano, Italy?

It's one of them.

There is an other Bernina Expres train on that day.

One going to St. Moritz, one going to Chur.

Depends on when do you want to go and where to.

The one to Chur is at 14.24.

But if you already bought a reservation you should choose exact this train for which you bought a reservation. (You did write: "I have already reserved the seats.")

Badge

hello again everyone...I just have a question as I have purchased our Eurail Pass as 1st class, but when I reserved our seats  for our trip from London to Paris via Eurostar it is just 2nd class. Is this ok? Or I have to reserve again in 1st class? Thank you

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

You don't have to: with a 1st class pass you can also travel in 2nd class.

You can (if still available) change them to reservations in Standard Premier (1st class), but you will probably have to pay exchange fees. Reservations in standard premier are also slightly more expensive, but they do include a cold meal & drinks.

Badge

You don't have to: with a 1st class pass you can also travel in 2nd class.

You can (if still available) change them to reservations in Standard Premier (1st class), but you will probably have to pay exchange fees. Reservations in standard premier are also slightly more expensive, but they do include a cold meal & drinks.

Hi..Thank you very much for this as all of a sudden I got nervous..as I thought if you have 1st class Eurail pass , you can only do 1st class reservations too. Thank you again☺️