Solved

Inbound/Outbound from the UK

• 16 April 2023
  • 7 replies

I have a Global Pass and have already used it to travel to Amsterdam and now going to Germany and Italy in a few weeks but on the app its says the outbound/inbound 2/2.

I am based in the UK so taking the Eurostar to Paris and then onwards.

Thing is I have already got and paid for seat reservations for my Germany and Italy trips including the Eurostar legs

I contacted customer services and they said I can still travel within Germany and Italy with my Global Pass but my Eurostar journeys won’t be allowed (even though I have printed tickets for them)

Can I still used my Eurostar tickets as buying brand new ones directly with Eurostar is between £150-200 for the dates selected for my Germany and Italy trip.

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 16 April 2023, 22:27

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

As UK is your country of residence, you can only travel on the Eurostar on a maximum of 2 different travel days according to the outbound/inbound rule. So you will have to buy normal tickets for your next travels with the Eurostar, just as Customer Support told you.

The reservation you have for the Eurostar are only valid together with a valid ticket in your Global pass, which you can't get as you already have used both your outbound and inbound travel days. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

To state the obvious have you already used the pass for 2 travel days in the UK? Or have you already added the train to your trip in anticipation of your return.?

If you have already used both days one suggestion I would have is to buy a new 4 day pass, use it for your return trip and then use it for a full day trip in the UK. You could also hop on a ferry or plane and use the spare days for a weekend in Europe.

Otherwise check whether there are any cheap one-way flights - you can use your pass to get to most airports.

You can use the E* reservation with any  pass. 

As UK is your country of residence, you can only travel on the Eurostar on a maximum of 2 different travel days according to the outbound/inbound rule. So you will have to buy normal tickets for your next travels with the Eurostar, just as Customer Support told you.

The reservation you have for the Eurostar are only valid together with a valid ticket in your Global pass, which you can't get as you already have used both your outbound and inbound travel days. 

So my Eurostar tickets which I’ve already have printed out won’t work?

To state the obvious have you already used the pass for 2 travel days in the UK? Or have you already added the train to your trip in anticipation of your return.?

If you have already used both days one suggestion I would have is to buy a new 4 day pass, use it for your return trip and then use it for a full day trip in the UK. You could also hop on a ferry or plane and use the spare days for a weekend in Europe.

Otherwise check whether there are any cheap one-way flights - you can use your pass to get to most airports.

You can use the E* reservation with any  pass. 

Hi, 

It appears I have used 2 travel days, it was a trip to Amsterdam a few weeks back. Being a first timer I wasn’t aware of this as I have already planned and booked train tickets for my Germany and Italy Trips.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You could book a new 4-day Interrail Global Pass so you get 2 new inbound/outbound days. It might be cheaper than booking new Eurostar tickets !

And that way you have 2 more pass days to use in Germany and Italy

You could book a new 4-day Interrail Global Pass so you get 2 new inbound/outbound days. It might be cheaper than booking new Eurostar tickets !

And that way you have 2 more pass days to use in Germany and Italy

I will look into that, but I still need an answer if my already printed Eurostar tickets for Germany and Italy will still work or are null and void?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Without a valid pass they will not work of course. You won't be able to add the Eurostar to your trip as you've made your 2 inbound/outbound journeys

They will work with any pass though. If you buy a new pass, it won't pose any problem.