Solved

Interrail Greek Island Pass

• 18 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Me and my partner came up with the idea of interailing with the greek island pass however they only offer 4/6 day passes and ideally we were looking to go for 2 weeks. Would it be more economical/reasonable to buy 2x passes each for us or to use the general “15 day pass” as a solution. Since im not sure the regular pass covers the benefits that the greek pass does: 

• A 30% discount on all additional trips within the Greek Islands during the validity period of your pass.
  • A 30% reduction on all upgrades in accommodation (except Lux cabins). Valid for international and domestic routes.
  • Fuel charges and port fees.

Thanks!!

icon

Best answer by Mukhammad 21 February 2023, 12:12

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hello @Alex Hendy,

It is true that the Interrail Greek Islands Pass only offers the durations for 4 days within 1 month and 6 days within 1 month. Depending on your travel plan, you can purchase more than one Greek Islands Pass for your travel, if you are planning to travel between islands in Greece only. In this case, could you please send us your travel plan here?

Please kindly note that the Interrail Global Pass will allow you to give the 30% discount for the domestic ferries, only if you've made a crossing or have already booked a crossing between Greece and Italy. This Interrail Global Pass doesn't have any option for the upgrades in accommodation as what I found on this link: https://www.interrail.eu/en/plan-your-trip/tips-and-tricks/trains-europe/ferries/blue-star-ferries.

I hope the information will be useful for you. Have a nice day!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

It is true that the Interrail Greek Islands Pass only offers the durations for 3 days within 1 month and 4 days within 1 month.

@Mukhammad I suppose you mean 4 and 6 days within 1 month.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

It is true that the Interrail Greek Islands Pass only offers the durations for 3 days within 1 month and 4 days within 1 month.

@Mukhammad I suppose you mean 4 and 6 days within 1 month.

Hi @rvdborgt, I'm sorry to mistype the answer. Yes, it's supposed to be 4 and 6 days within 1 month. Thanks for the correction!