Solved

Interrail pass Italy for travelling between Napoli and Pompeii

• 22 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Hello, I would like to ask you.

I would like to go: 

Day 1 - rome - florence - rome

Day 2 - rome - napoli - pompei - napoli - rome

Is it possible to use interrail pass from napoli to pompei? Is it nescessary to reserve a seat? 

Is there any chance high-speed trains will be full? 

Thank you

icon

Best answer by BrendanDB 22 March 2023, 12:13

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Yes, possible. These are regional trains, no seat reservation needed (or possible).

I doubt they will be full. There are more than enough trains between all your destinations. If you take the high speed train, reservations are needed. When do you plan to travel?

You can get your seat reservations for Italian day trains here (3 EUR for Intercities, 10 for High Speed Frecce trains):

I would like to travel on the 2nd June to Florence and back and 3rd June to Pompei and back. What trains will be full - high speed or local train to Pompei? Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If these are the only trains you will take, it might be cheaper with normal tickets than buying an Interrail pass.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

I would like to travel on the 2nd June to Florence and back and 3rd June to Pompei and back. What trains will be full - high speed or local train to Pompei? Thank you

Fridays are usually a bit busier. But again, there are many trains on those connections, if there’s one full or sold out, there are others a bit later or earlier where there is place.