Solved

Ljubljana to Zagreb Glavni Kolodvor

• 13 April 2023
  • 10 replies

Hello everyone, we’re looking to book a train on the 21st of April from Ljubljana to Zagreb. On the rail planner app there is a direct train available at 8:30am although I don’t know where to book a seat reservation. I’ve looked on the seat reservation section of the community page and then tried to book through the OBB app but the only train showing up on the OBB app for 8:30 isn’t direct. Can anyone give me any guidance on where to book seat reservations as on the app it says it’s required or is a seat reservation even needed?! 

thank you guys for your help!

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 13 April 2023, 13:50

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Seat reservations are not needed for Ljubljana-Zagreb. Just board one of the seating coaches.

Hello everyone, we’re looking to book a train on the 21st of April from Ljubljana to Zagreb. On the rail planner app there is a direct train available at 8:30am although I don’t know where to book a seat reservation. I’ve looked on the seat reservation section of the community page and then tried to book through the OBB app but the only train showing up on the OBB app for 8:30 isn’t direct. Can anyone give me any guidance on where to book seat reservations as on the app it says it’s required or is a seat reservation even needed?! 

thank you guys for your help!

The rail planner app is not correct. There is no direct train. 

It's showing the direct night train at 8.25 that is not running via Ljubljana that day. It's rknning via Maribor instead.

The train from Ljubljana at 8.30 is just running to Dobova at the border (seems to be a replacement train for the not running EuroNight so you need to change there). No reservation needed for that one.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

bahn.de shows this itinerary :

- D Ljubljana - Sevnica 08:30 - 09:35

- EN Sevnica - Zagreb Glavni kol 09:46 - 10:47

Due to engineering works in Austria the night train indeed doesn't run via Ljubljana

bahn.de shows this itinerary :

- D Ljubljana - Sevnica 08:30 - 09:35

- EN Sevnica - Zagreb Glavni kol 09:46 - 10:47

Due to engineering works in Austria the night train indeed doesn't run via Ljubljana

The first one is the slovenian replacement train. To change in Sevnica has of course a higher risk but is also possible if the replacement train is on time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yep just wanted to say that the connection is doable, albeit with a change along the way

So what option do you guys think is best? Do you think we could make the connection if it’s only 10 minutes or is it possible there’s another train we could get on that would take us from Ljubljana to Zagreb on the 21st of April. We have a flight home from Zagreb airport on the 22nd so would definitely need to get a train on the 21st. 

thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The connection should be fine. These trains are timed to connect.

Do we have to reserve seats on these trains? If we do miss the connection what happens then thank you for your help! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Seat reservations are not necessary.

If you think you're going to miss the connection, then speak with the train staff.

By the way, the trains run in parallel to Dobova, where the first train arrives at 10:00 and the second one departs at 10:23, so that's maybe a bit more comfortable.

If you miss the connection, you can wait until 20:55 for the next train, or make your way to Harmica at the Croatian side of the border, 2.5 km away, where there's a local train each hour (and sometimes more often).

Great thanks so much for your help think we’ll get the one to Dobova thanks for your suggestion!