Solved

Mobile Pass Activation

• 24 April 2023
  • 4 replies

Hello

I bought a four day pass and I would like some help because I have some doubt if I activated correctly my pass or not.

I have made seat reservations without difficulty and I received them by email as PDFs file from Intrerrail. But I cannot see these tickets on my mobile phone thanks to “My trip” window. I have no “show tickets” button like explained in an email I received. Do you think it is a problem? Or must I add these tickets through the Rail Planner application?

Here is attached what is displayed on my phone when I go to “My Pass” (I have hidden the pass number and my name).
I cannot display something like a QRcode showing the Pass itself. (wen I go to “details” window there is nothing else which is displayed excepted my ID number and my birth date)

I think that my pass is not activated. What do you think about this?

Thanks for your help!

Bertrand

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 24 April 2023, 13:34

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

The screenshot is of your pass overview. If you select the your trip section and the correct travel day it will show any trains you have added for that day. Once your pass is activated it will then show a greyed out toggle switch. If you click on this it the switch turns yellow and the train will be transferred to your pass for that day. If you then click on show ticket a QR code will appear (check correct date is chosen) and your train will show below the QR code. You now have a valid ticket for that train.

If you decide to travel on a different train you simply add the new train to your trip, activate the new toggle and disable the toggle for the original train.

Hello Yorkie

Thanks a lot for your detailed explanations!
Here is below the snapshot of the trip section. As you see there is no “show ticket” button

(Note : the first journey “Grenoble-Torino” is in grey because finally I will not take a train from Grenoble to Torino but a bus so I did not any seat reservation for this journey)

I think that I made the seat reservations through the Interrail website (as if I had a paper pass) instead of doing it through the Rail Planner application. Perhaps it is the cause of the issue? 

Here is an example of one of my PDF seat reservations corresponding to the the journey in yellow of the trip section : it is referring to a Global Pass and there is only my pass number (that I have hidden) but no “official” description of the Interrail pass..

Do you think I will get a penalty in Italian train if I show only this seat reservation and my pass overview on my mobile phone?

In the email from Interrail that I received with my seat reservations, it is written :

“Remember that you will need to present physical copies of your reservations to the train controller, along with your Interrail Pass.”

Currently I have no Interrail pass to present to the train controller :-(

Bertrand

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The app can't book any reservations. It will only forward you to some of the websites where you can book, including the Interrail website. It does not make a difference where you book your reservation. Your pass and reservations are also completely separate. Reservations don't show up in the app and where you book them does not make any difference for what you see in the app.

From what I can see in your screenshots, you have activates 3 travel days: 24 April, 25 April and 4 May. If you did not use any trains today, then that means you've lost that travel day. The advice is always never to activate travel days in advance because if you change plans and forget to cancel a travel day (which can be done until 23:59 CET before validity starts), then you'll loose it.

In My Pass, you currently don't see the "Show ticket” button because today (24 April) is selected but there's no ticket. If you select the 2nd travel day, then you should be able to show tomorrow’s ticket. You may need to change the date at the top of the screen if you try that today.

If you need the travel day that you lost for today, then you'll have to contact customer service:

https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new

If you explain your case, maybe they can do something.

Fine, thanks a lot !

I had not understood how to select a travel day now ! I obtained the “show ticket” button and the QRcode pass when I clicked on the “#2” button.. 

I have contacted the Eurail support but they confirmed that the 1st day is lost. But it is not an issue because I will not need more than 2 or 3 days of travel and I have a four days pass.

Thanks again and have a nice day !