Solved

need help immediately

• 11 May 2023
  • 4 replies

I booked my trip through global pass. I needed seat reservations for some legs of the trip but not all. I loaded the full trip to the app. I didn’t know it at the time but eurail loaded wrong trains for the seat reservations right trains for others. 
I’m on the right train but now will miss the other connecting trains I paid for. 

I am out of the country traveling with a 7 year old and eurail has NO customer service line. All my connecting trains have less than 15 minute breaks between so I can’t even speak to an agent. What am

i supposed to do? I don’t know if I even have seats. I want to be safe in Europe. Not stranded with a 7 year old in Switzerland. Please help! 

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 11 May 2023, 10:27

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Please give us your travel details, (route, date and time) and the Community will try to help.

The Railplanner is not reliable and you should always use the planner of the national railways to confirm the information you see in the Railplanner. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Start with talking to the staff on board. And please post details of your planned journey.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

What trains do you have to take?

Keep in mind that from Switzerland only high speed trains to France have compulsory reservations.

To Italy only the Eurocity, but you can change at the border to local trains.

To Germany and Austria reservations are optional. You can have a reservation, but not have to.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

No reservations are needed in Switzerland, it is a complete waste of money and often not possible to make one anyway. I've lived here all my life and never have I heard someone make one, don't worry

Add the train to the app before you board and find a free seat (always at the train extremities) :)