Solved

NEW INTERRAIL USER

• 4 March 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
  • Keeps calm and carries on
  • 26 replies

Hi I'm new to interrail & wonder if you can help. I bought a 2 month continuous pass last May & need to activate it by 11 April. So I've booked a flight to Munich on 10th & train to augsburg that day to visit friends. I've not reserved train yet & assume I can change it - is that correct? And can I also change journey completely as long as I activate it bt 11 April? Thanks in advance.

Carole

icon

Best answer by Yorkie 5 March 2023, 09:42

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

As long as your pass is activated before the stated date you can travel on any train in the network. All you need to do for trains without mandatory reservations is add them to your trip in the app and operate the slider to add them to your pass. This can be changed at any time by reversing the slider to remove the original train and then adding the new train to your trip and transferring to your travel day.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Many thanks yorkie, much appreciated.  Can i  just clarify then that activating railcard is enough, I don't have to add journey to pasd or physically travel by 11th? And I could decide to travel earlier than 11th too? Thanks.

Carole 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You need to activate the pass with a start date no later than the 11th of April. You can then travel whenever you like on or after the start date of the validity of the pass. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks Anna. So I could also change start date to earlier than 11th or nor? Sorry for being so needy! 

Carole 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Thanks Anna. So I could also change start date to earlier than 11th or nor? Sorry for being so needy! 

Carole 

Carole 

You can indeed start at any time up to the latest activation date, but not later. Obviously once you start the clock you have the specified duration from that date to complete your travels.

Just to be clear you do not have to start your travels on the day you activate but cannot travel after midnight on the final day of validity.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Many thanks Anna - very helpful and clear!

Carole