Solved

Not possible to book seat reservations on ICE in summer

• 2 June 2023
  • 8 replies

• Right on track
  • 3 replies

Hello,

In the period that a seat reservation is mandatory for travel on ICE to and from the Netherlands I am not able to make a seat reservation through bahn.de and obb. This seems like a technical fault, since I am able to book a regular ticket including a seat reservation for the same journeys. This problem holds for all ICE services to and from the Netherlands from 17 June to mid August. I am also able to make seat reservations before and after the period that a reservation is mandatory, so it seems like a specific error during the period that seat reservations are mandatory.

Hopefully, it is soon possible to make seat reservations only for journeys on ICE to and from Amsterdam this summer.

Thank you in advance,

icon

Best answer by Angelo 2 June 2023, 19:32

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Where are you trying to make the reservation?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

it’s slightly different in comparison to other DB-trains:

Check this post:

Both bahn.de and oebb.at (both the seat only option and regular ticket with interrail discount) won’t let me book the seat reservation during the period that seat reservations are mandatory. I am an experienced traveller and know how to book these seat reservations normally. 

it’s slightly different in comparison to other DB-trains:

Check this post:

Thank you for this advice. I will try.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

It doesn't seem to work through next.bahn.de anymore... do we know another alternative apart from ticket counters ?

The seat only option at oebb.at doesn’t seem to work as well. I managed to book a seat reservation through CD.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi via ÖBB it is still possible, but because the ICE has over the summer compulsory reservation you need to select one way ticket option (NOT SEAT ONLY) and add Interrail/Eurail as discount. 

3€/train 2nd class

free in 1st class with 1st class pass

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Angelo thanks to your post I tried again and indeed this time it works. Hope it stays that way as it is really useful :)