Solved

Not using my Inbound journey. Can I pay separate ticket?

• 5 May 2023
  • 5 replies

thanks a lot for all the info

It helped me.

I still have one doubt: when traveling from Epernay (France) to Belgium (Brussels) I don't want to use my inbound trip, because i will need it later on for another trip

How do i book now my trip from Epernay to Brussels? do i pay the whole trip or can i split it up and pay only the part from the border France to Belgium? and how?

icon

Best answer by Al_G 5 May 2023, 14:44

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

TGV to Lille with a passholder reservation and regional trains from there to Brussels paying separately.

I do not believe Thalys would accept you using any sort of combined tickets on direct Paris - Brussels trains.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Al_G sorry, but if she use the TGV till Lille than she has to use an Inbound.

On TGV to Brussel you can buy a Reservation with a Pass valid in Belgium but no in France at ticket offices. This should be the right for you. With Thalys you need for all the ride a valid pass.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Al_G sorry, but if she use the TGV till Lille than she has to use an Inbound.

@Angelo The traveller lives in Belgium so the travel from Epernay to Lille will not be inbound.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@AnnaB @Al_G oh sorry, my bad.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

It depends on which train you use.

I repeat my previous answer to the same question:

If you use Thalys, you will need a normal ticket Paris-Brussels since for Thalys you need a valid pass for the complete journey.

If you use a TGV south of France to Brussels, then there's a pass fare for people with only a valid pass for France, but you need to book ASAP since pass holder seats on these TGVs are very limited.

Reservations are cheaper at the Belgian railways ticket offices because they don't have a booking fee on top of the reservations themselves.

If you use a TGV to Lille and then a normal train to Belgium, then you need a ticket from the border tariff points, so either Tourcoing(fr) or Mouscron(fr), to your destination in Belgium (buy at a ticket office). You can also use a Rail Pass of course from the first station in Belgium.

What train(s) are you planning to use? Date and departure time?