Solved

One month continuous pass - 30 days or 31?

• 6 May 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

I have a one month continuous pass. If I activate it and start my (outbound) journey on the 1st of September should my final travel day (inbound) be on the 30th September or on 1st October? 

icon

Best answer by Yorkie 6 May 2023, 21:17

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Your pass is valid to the 30th September. (Start date to end month - 1 e.g. 6 July to 5 August). So 1 month passes can actually be valid for 28 to 31 days.

Worth also noting that your pass stops at midnight on last day so you cannot travel on any train after midnight unlike any other day where you can board any train scheduled to depart before midnight.

Badge +1

So 1 month passes can actually be valid for 28 to 31 days.

Depending on what? 
Okay, I think I get it that if I start travelling on 1st February then my final day of travel has to be 28th February because it only has 28 days and if I start travelling on 1st September then my final day of travel has to be 30th September because that month has 30 days, and if I start travelling on 1st October then my final day of travel has to be 31st October because that month has 31 days, - but what if I start travelling on 25th June, say? Will my final day of travel be 28 days, 30 days, or 31 days later (i.e. 22nd  July, 24th July, or 25th July)?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If you start the validity of your pass on the 25th of June, it will be valid until the 24th of July. Your travel must be ended by 23.59 CET on the 24th of July so the night train rule doesn't apply for the last travel day. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Depending on what? 

Depending on the length of the month.

but what if I start travelling on 25th June, say? Will my final day of travel be 28 days, 30 days, or 31 days later (i.e. 22nd  July, 24th July, or 25th July)?

It's always 1 month, so e.g. 25 June until 24 July.

Badge +1
Pete Bensimon wrote:

Depending on what? 

Depending on the length of the month.

Pete Bensimon wrote:

but what if I start travelling on 25th June, say? Will my final day of travel be 28 days, 30 days, or 31 days later (i.e. 22nd  July, 24th July, or 25th July)?

It's always 1 month, so e.g. 25 June until 24 July.

Yes, but the point is, how long is a month? They vary in length, as we know. In the example given above the calculation seems to be made on the basis that there are 30 days in June (the month in which travel begins).

Does it follow then that in the case of a journey beginning on 25th February, say,  the final day of travel (on a one month pass) would be 28 days later i.e. on 24th March, and in the case of a journey beginning on 25th July, say, the final day of travel would be 31 days later (i.e. on 24th August)?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

It is every time the same date of the next month minus 1 day.

for example:

12 January - 11 February

14 February - 13 March

16 March - 15 April

and so on.