Solved

Pass expired

• Right on track
  • 6 replies

Hi, I have a problem  about my pass. The duration of my pass is from 23 December 2022 until 22 January 2023, but today is 02 January 2023 and it shows that my pass is expired so I can’t add any new travel day. Is there any way to fix this? I’ve contacted the customer service, but I didn’t get any reply yet and I am traveling today. Thank you.

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 5 January 2023, 22:19

View original

26 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Can you please post screen shots where the validity is shown? Remove any personal information. 

If you have a flexi pass, are you sure that you have travel days left?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Have you checked the calendar setting of your device so that you are using the gregorian calendar?

Yes, this is the pass screenshot 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

What route are you trying to add?

Berlin to Tübingen 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

As far as I know this should work. Have you tried to restart your phone? And have you checked that you have the latest version of the app?

@rvdborgt Do you have any advice?

Yes, I’ve already checked that this is the latest version. I think it’s not the problem of phone because me and my friend have the same problem.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Now I seethe text "this pass has expired". Sorry that I missed it before. Then only Customer Support can help. Did you use the form in the link below to contact them?

https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new

Did you write that you need to travel today and what time your travel is? You should also write your pass number.

You can try to contact Customer Support through Facebook and Twitter.

Yes, I’ve already contacted them. I will try it again, thank you for replying me! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Have you checked the calendar and time setting of your phones? The calendar setting should be automatic from network and the time should be 24h clock (or anything similar).

If you change any setting you must restart your phone and the app afterwards. 

I have exactly the same problem!

Also in Germany pass expired even if it should still be ok till 4th of January 

Have you checked the calendar and time setting of your phones? The calendar setting should be automatic from network and the time should be 24h clock (or anything similar).

If you change any setting you must restart your phone and the app afterwards. 

I’ve already restarted my phone, but it’s still not working . I am thinking it’s the system problem. 

I have exactly the same problem!

Have you contacted to customer service or get any reply from them?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Jody 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Fion @Titus Engel The Eurail support team are looking at this right now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Fion @Titus Engel Have Customer Support fixed your passes? If not, contact Customer Support again and clearly describe your problem including your pass number. Customer Support are giving the these issues highest priority. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I was busy all day so could be of any help unfortunately. I've never seen anything like this. In any case, I hope customer service sorted this out (and I'd be curious to know what they did). Any extra costs you have because of this can be claimed back via customer service.

I'm with the same issue. Just noticed in the train station. I will have to buy a regular ticket, otherwise I would lose my stay in my destination and having to pay extra for staying here tonight.

I sent an email to customer service like 30 minutes ago and no answer yet.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I'm with the same issue. Just noticed in the train station. I will have to buy a regular ticket, otherwise I would lose my stay in my destination and having to pay extra for staying here tonight.

I sent an email to customer service like 30 minutes ago and no answer yet.

Do you have the latest update of the app? This issue was fixed 2 days ago, but only if you have downloaded the latest version of the app.

You better contact Customer Support through the link below. Write that you are currently travelling and your pass number. 

https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new

I have latest version of the app, yes.

I'll write using the link, but I already buy tickets anyway :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Do you have the latest update of the app? This issue was fixed 2 days ago, but only if you have downloaded the latest version of the app.

If they fixed it 2 days ago, then that version is not available yet.

Current app versions are:

Android: 26.11.0 from 23/12/22.

iOS: 26.10.0 from 19/12/22

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If they fixed it 2 days ago, then that version is not available yet.

Current app versions are:

Android: 26.11.0 from 23/12/22.

iOS: 26.10.0 from 19/12/22

Ok. Jody said 2 days ago that they would fix it ASAP so I assumed that it was sorted.

@Jody What is the status of the issue with the expired passes? The problem still exists.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi @AnnaB 

As far as i know the problem was solved Jan 4 at 12:45 CET. In principle all impacted passes should work from then on again. If the problem still occurs then the customers needs to contact CS as you recommend. 

Have a nice evening. 

They answered the mail and solved the issue, but still, I had to buy regular tickets =/