Solved

Questions regarding the same day trip from Copenhagen to Paris

• 26 April 2023
  • 1 reply

Hello, I plan on the last day of my interrail pass to go from Copenhagen to Paris by train.

On DB website it shows the following trip with many short connections. From your experience do you think it will work?

My main concern is the first 7' connection in Fredericia. If it doesn’t work the next train will bring me to Hamburg at 14:05 instead of 12:05 and I’m afraid it will be too late to reach Paris, the same day. Do you have any advice if it happens to me as it will be my last of my four days interrail pass? Will DB help me in reaching Paris on the next day?

If the first connection in Fredericia works well, I have more flexibility as they're many trains from Hamburg to Mannheim.

Then, from Mannheim if I miss the SNCF TGV train at 17:38 I can take DB ICE at 18:38. However, as these are mandatory booking trains do you think I’ll be able to take the DB ICE train instead of the TGV SNCF train?

Thanks for all your advices.

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 26 April 2023, 11:26

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

The 7 min connection in Fredericia shouldn't be a problem

There is a TGV leaving Karlsruhe at 19:32. I'd advise to take this one (or the ICE in Mannheim at 18:38 but I can't find it) as long-distance German trains are very often delayed. You can leave Hamburg at 12:24, 12:45 or 13:24 to make that connection. As no reservations are necessary, you can decide on the day which one you'd like to take

If you miss your connection speak to DB staff and they should direct you to the next connection as long as there are free seats (in 1st or 2nd class)