Solved

Rail Planner App, journey not showing for Italy

• 13 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi, just wondering how far in advance the trains are planned and how set in stone it is? For example, I’m looking at going from Interlaken at about 8am to Milan from 11am - 3pm and then off to Rome after that on the same day (about 4 hours on each train if you book in May), but it will not show this same thing when looking at the dates in late June and July. Sometimes it does not come up at all, other times it may say 13 hours? Does anyone know why this is? Will this route not be available if I travel in summer?

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 13 February 2023, 17:49

View original

3 replies

All trains anywhere on this continent use always 24 hr clock-not confuse ampm.

I once had to get instructed on www and computers and all that-very 1st and always to remember lesson: you can ONLY get out what someone has ever bothered to put in.

Railways are often extreme sensitive to publish times that may possible perhaps who knows have to be adjusted with just a few mins due to works, revised schedules, whatever-there are1000s of such reasons. Some one might come too late for a train that now leave earlier and claim a few 100000 in compensation for missed bisnis or the like.

SO: what we see every day in multiple on this forum is people getting the shrieks that trains are ;;full´-whereas in fact they are complete empty as its simply too far ahead to do it or even to see times. Some bland simple reasoning seems to have gone down the drains. Airlines will happy change dozens of times and send you a mail-railways are still based on the fact that tix are anon and not tied to a person-so all info has to be 123% correct and reliable.

For simple global planning use a general site like bahn, works for most of EUR-for how long, how often, change where, RES or not etc. for next week/same day. Then check again within 2 month of travel (and in some cases even that has to be shorter timed) for final data. Why on earth would you think a railline that has such importance and plenty trains would suddenly stop on on some day?

Bit full on and sarcastic by the end for a simple question but I appreciate the response. I was confused as any date past around 10th June would not show for that route or anything really for Italy and I did not know why as if I recall correctly I read on the interrail website that trains are planned a year in advance or something of the sort. Interrailing is a new and exciting thing for me obviously and I am just trying to work my way around the systems and understand what’s what and how things work. Anyway, I’ll be sure to check out bahn, that advice was helpful so thank you for that. Hope you have a great day.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Trenitalia haven't published their timetables for the summer timetable yet (starting 11 June). I'd expect them sometime in April for long distance trains and sometime in May for regional trains. Keep an eye on www.trenitalia.com; that's where they'll appear first.

Trenitalia haven't published their timetables for the summer timetable yet (starting 11 June). I'd expect them sometime in April for long distance trains and sometime in May for regional trains. Keep an eye on www.trenitalia.com; that's where they'll appear first.

Ahh super helpful!!! Thanks so much!