Solved

Travel from London to Istanbul

• 29 November 2022
  • 46 replies

Badge
HiCan you still travel by interrail from London via Paris Zurich to Istanbul with a 15-day ticket? And how good is the Belgrade-Sofia connection? ..does this go directly? and in which trains do I have to make reservations? Does the train also stop in Ljubljana? and how about changing money does it all work locally in the respective countries?Thanks in advance if anyone can answer this.Maybe someone has already made this trip. I want to drive the red route. See picture

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 29 November 2022, 12:11

View original

46 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

When do you want to travel on the Eurostar?

There is a limited number of pass holder seats on the Eurostar and on popular departures and during high season those sell out weeks, and sometimes months in advance.

The best place to see the availability of passholder seats and make reservations on the Eurostar is 

https://www.b-europe.com/EN/Booking/Pass#TravelWish

Press "later trains" and eventually you will find the next available connection. 

If you have a mobile pass you need to generate a Pass Cover Number in order to make the reservation at b-europe. You do that here in the PCN generator:

https://community.eurail.com/news-and-announcements-39/pass-cover-number-generator-is-live-5653

Badge

Hi i want to by train ticket from budapest to bucarest on 31.12.22 but it dosnt work . Why?

Badge
how do i get from budabest to bucarest no ticket i think interail is not good cant book anything but have to go on.come.qie it should go now
Badge

Can i but Reservation in the trainstation from budapest to bucarest

Badge

Can i drive with train the Route budapest istanbul in little drives without Reservation i must be drive to Istanbul i have an interrail but i canot drive because all Reservation not going and i drive since days with this Problems...is interrail a fake? Why is so bad ? I need help please i must Move on.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi i want to by train ticket from budapest to bucarest on 31.12.22 but it dosnt work . Why?

I suppose you mean a reservation? If you have a pass, then that is your ticket. Why it doesn't work is impossible to say if you don't say where/how you are trying to book and what happens when you try.

There are up to 4 direct trains per day from Budapest to Bucharest. Reservations for the night train leaving at 22:45 can be done online via tickets.oebb.at. Do NOT use "Seat reservation only” but add the Interrail/Eurail discount and then look for normal tickets. All comfort categories are still available.

Reservations for the other trains (1 day train and 2 night trains) can be booked by phone or at a ticket office. Also in Germany.

If you want advice on how to book other trains, then please specify route, date and departure time for each train.

Badge

I have the rail App and the rail Website 

Badge

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@StraightMikkel 

Du kannst auf Deutsch schreiben wenn dass für dich einfacher ist.

Badge

What must i do

Badge

I must by at the Station?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

What must i do

If you read the answer from @rvdborgt above he tells you exactly how to make the reservation for the night train. 

Badge

Thanks 

Badge
Hello, I want to continue from Budapest to Bucarest on January 1st, 2023. where is the best place to buy train tickets at the station on 01.01.23? is there open?because of the new year I'm not sure.does anyone know anything about it.thank you
Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The ticket office in Budapest should be open during the day, also on January 1st.

Badge

Thanks 

Badge

Hello 

where can i get the ticket from bucharest to sofia ? I have Interail but nothing is displayed in the app? Thank you in advance
Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Add it manually then. 

Badge

Ok thanks and did i must seat reservation taken?

Badge

Hello i think i must take no Reservation from bucarest to sofia with the day train at startet 10.55 a.m. in bucarest. Corect me please when it no so .and where is the train in sofia finish.what is the name of the Station?

Badge

Hello my travel is finish .i ride from london to istanbul via zagreb budapest sofia . In some weeks i will write a little about in this page.

Thanks for all the help.…