Solved

Unable to add required trip to the pass

• 10 January 2023
  • 8 replies

Hello, 

We are in the middle of our trip but unable to generate tickets on the pass for our journey tomorrow morning. We’re a bit panicked and hope the forum can help. 
We have successfully generated four journey tickets already without any problems. We’re hoping the issue is because we are trying to generate the ticket the night before rather than just before the train. 
We could see the journey on the planner and it was saved to Mytrips but not being added on to our passes to show tickets. 
Any ideas  from the forum as to why this is happening, would be very helpful as we don’t want to spend 85 euros to buy tickets to go from Tirano to Luzern tomorrow morning. 
We eagerly await your response. 
Many thanks, Rita & Shirley 

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 10 January 2023, 21:08

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

From your text, I understand you have added the journey to your trip, but have you also activated it to your pass, using the slider button in “My Trip”? The button should be orange (or at least is in the Android app).

Be sure to check you have added the trip for the correct day too.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
  1. Have you already added tomorrow's journey to your pass, i.e. already activated a travel day for tomorrow? (Note that is not a good idea if you have a flexipass.)
  2. When you now tap on the Show Ticket button, then what do you see?
  3. If you do not see a barcode, then what is the date displayed at the top?
  4. If that date at the top is not tomorrow's date, then what do you see if you change that?
  5. If you still don't see a QR code, then what do you see if you turn on flight mode?

Thank you both for responding. Firstly, I had added the journey to the trip and got the orange slider sign but when I then go to my pass and click ‘show tickets’ it generated the ticket for the journey I already did today getting from Chur to Tirano on the Bernina Express. 
Let me go back to it and see whether I can change the date etc. Speak shortly, thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thank you both for responding. Firstly, I had added the journey to the trip and got the orange slider sign but when I then go to my pass and click ‘show tickets’ it generated the ticket for the journey I already did today getting from Chur to Tirano on the Bernina Express. 
Let me go back to it and see whether I can change the date etc. Speak shortly, thanks 

By default, you will see today's QR code (if there is one). If you want to see tomorrow's QR code, you'll first have to change the date at the top of the screen.

Oh gosh, we have been so silly. We didn’t see the arrow to change the date to tomorrow!! So we were just viewing todays ticket 😂

Thank you so very much, your help is much appreciated 🙏🏽

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

It is not recommended that you activate travel days in advance, especially not if you have a flexi pass.

With a continuous Interrail pass you should never activate outbound/inbound days in advance. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

It is not recommended that you activate travel days in advance, especially not if you have a flexi pass.

With a continuous Interrail pass you should never activate outbound/inbound days in advance. 

Most important sentence :D

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Note that K-OBh has trains few/hr, also many just local RE (nice doubledeck) and a RES is not really needed-but the ICE to there are the 2-hourly going on to AMS and can often be crowded.