Solved

Urgent: Inbound/outbound

• 25 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Hey guys;

I used one of the inbound/outbound traveldays for travelling through Germany via nighttrain (Zurich - Amsterdam). Now I wanted to travel the same way back and the app doesn't asks me the inbound/outbound question. Only if set a German city as starting point on the trip, not Amsterdam.

What can I do now??? Train leaves in 1,5 h.

Kind regards

Noah

* I found the answer by doing a trick:

1. I choosed first the route Amsterdam - Duisburg, and activated inbound/outbound travelday and deleted it afterwards.

2. I choosed then the original trip Amsterdam - Basel SBB. It's faster from there with other trains.

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 25 November 2022, 19:53

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Could you add the journey Amsterdam - Zürich to your pass when you first tried?

It should warn you about an inbound/outbound journey. On the other hand, if it doesn't use an inbound/outbound journey (did you check in My Pass after adding it?), then it's a bug but you could take advantage of it...

It should warn you about an inbound/outbound journey. On the other hand, if it doesn't use an inbound/outbound journey (did you check in My Pass after adding it?), then it's a bug but you could take advantage of it...

I could and I checked My Pass then saying "Not valid in Germany". Now that's away with the trick I did.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I could and I checked My Pass then saying "Not valid in Germany". Now that's away with the trick I did.

OK, then that's a bug. You can report it to customer service:

https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new

Mention all steps you took and what you saw after each step.