Solved

What to do about time zones when adding a journey manually

• 5 June 2023
  • 3 replies

When travelling to a different time zone and having to add the journey manually, what arrival time are you supposed to enter? The local time in the country you’re arriving in or the time it is the departing country? 

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 5 June 2023, 20:16

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Times in timetables are always in local time for the place in question. 

Userlevel 2

When travelling towards the west to another timezone you can arrive in timezone A later than you will depart in timezone B. This was the case last year when I used train 269 to Tornio (arrival 8:09 Finnish time), travelled by taxi to Haparanda and departed there by train 7183 (at 7:34 Swedish time). The app would not accept this, because it thinks you are traveling at two train on the same time. The only way to get both trips in the app was by manually entering the Finnish train with CEST times, instead of the local times.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

When travelling towards the west to another timezone you can arrive in timezone A later than you will depart in timezone B. This was the case last year when I used train 269 to Tornio (arrival 8:09 Finnish time), travelled by taxi to Haparanda and departed there by train 7183 (at 7:34 Swedish time). The app would not accept this, because it thinks you are traveling at two train on the same time. The only way to get both trips in the app was by manually entering the Finnish train with CEST times, instead of the local times.

Interesting. This is a bug. Not that I'm surprised: the app doesn't handle time zones very well. It doesn’t even adhere to the conditions of use. Did you report this bug to customer service?