Solved

Why can't i find fast train from Lausanne to Milan Centrale?

• 16 May 2023
  • 3 replies

I’m searching for trains from Lausanne to Milano centrale but only few appears to me. It seems very strange because when i sélect fast train, no one comes out. Last year a lot of options were availabal and now I can’t really chose when to do my trip.  I have a global pas and the date of the trip is the 30.06 so i don’t know if the problem depend on the date. Can some one help me ? Do some one know the answer ?

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 16 May 2023, 20:52

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

What are you looking for? I see lots of options for this journey, e.g. on sbb.ch.

But can I resserve a seat whit an interrail pass on the sbb site ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

The Italian summer timetable hasn’t been published yet, Trenitalia is always late. There is also a known problem that the app doesn’t work for journeys via Domodossola. If it hasn’t been corrected until 30th June, add the train manually.

Use bahn.de or sbb.ch, more reliable for planning. The full timetable isn’t there yet either (ECs are there but not all regional trains).

ECs between Switzerland and Italy require a 11€ seat reservation. Book on tickets.oebb.at (no booking fee, add Interrail as a discount and select one-way tickets). This website (Austrian Railways) can also book seat reservations in many countries. You could also visit a SBB ticket counter, they sell seat reservations for pretty much all European trains :)

interrail.eu has extra fees so it’s better to avoid it.

Reservation-free route :

• any train to Domodossola (including ECs)
  • regional train to Milano Centrale (faster) or Milano Porta Garibaldi (longer)

Let me know for questions