Solved

Would like to do round trips from London to Paris. French citizen

• 27 February 2023
  • 6 replies

Hello there, 

I’m a French student in London and I would like to know if there is a pass that could help me do round trips from London to Paris during this whole month? 

I would like to go to Paris at least twice or 3 times starting in March if it’s possible. Is there any mobile pass that I could buy that’ll allow me to do so? 

Thanks in advance for your answer! 

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 27 February 2023, 14:52

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

In your county of residence, you can use an Interrail pass on only 2 of your travel days, so this won't work.

In your county of residence, you can use an Interrail pass on only 2 of your travel days, so this won't work.

So even tho I live in London now for 6 months, I’ll have to buy every ticket to go to Paris? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Eurostar don't seem to have season tickets. The only thing I can find is their frequent traveller programme:

https://www.eurostar.com/be-en/club-eurostar

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

So even tho I live in London now for 6 months, I’ll have to buy every ticket to go to Paris? 

As the COR rule is a bit vague,  you could probably present evidence to claim either UK or France as your COR, but that doesn’t help you. However you could then use an Interrail Global pass to travel through the UK as well as one round trip to France (Or unlimited travel in France but only 2 days in the UK).

The only suggestion is to plan well ahead and use Eurostar at cheap times, much like low cost airlines Eurostar have dynamic pricing to keep trains full.

As the COR rule is a bit vague,  you could probably present evidence to claim either UK or France as your COR, but that doesn’t help you. However you could then use an Interrail Global pass to travel through the UK as well as one round trip to France (Or unlimited travel in France but only 2 days in the UK).

The only suggestion is to plan well ahead and use Eurostar at cheap times, much like low cost airlines Eurostar have dynamic pricing to keep trains full.

Do you have any tips for the cheapest times please? Most of the time the tickets are quite expensive.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Do you have any tips for the cheapest times please? Most of the time the tickets are quite expensive.

1. As long in advance as you can.
  2. Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
  3. Eurostar returns are cheaper than 2 singles.