Solved

Youth Pass - Age Issues in Purchasing

• 18 April 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi all,

I’m newbie here trying to buy the Interrail Global Pass for 7 days in a month but having some issues with ages.

I’m 24yo so I’m allowed to buy the Youth Global Pass but when I arrive at the step before purchasing it appears that the traveler has to be at least 27yo before leaving for Interrail.

Can someone help me please? :)

icon

Best answer by Camilo. 24 April 2023, 15:48

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

This is an error. That should read "27 or younger”.

@Camilo. @Mukhammad 

do you think it's a bug in the system so if I buy it everything is still ok? Because it says everywhere that the youth global pass is for ppl between 12-27.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

do you think it's a bug in the system so if I buy it everything is still ok? Because it says everywhere that the youth global pass is for ppl between 12-27.

It's a textual error on the order page. For a youth pass, you need to be 27 or younger on the first day of validity (you can't activate once you're 28). There will also be some children under 12 with a youth pass, since the number of free children is limited to 2 per adult pass.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@Camilo. @Mukhammad 

I will forward this to edits. Thank you for flagging it!

Please go ahead and purchase the youth Pass, it should not be a problem. 

Have a nice day!

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@Camilo. @Mukhammad 

I will forward this to edits. Thank you for flagging it!

UPDATE:

The issue has been fixed, both websites Eurail and Interrail show correct text "27 or younger”.