Solved

2 trains in 1 day

• 5 April 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge

hello all  We are flying into FCO from Toronto in September and supposed to land at 1215hrs. We plan to travel onward to Florence the same day. We have Eurail Global Pass, 1st class.

I see there is 1 train from FCO to Florence Santa Marai Novella leaving at 1353hrs. Not sure that we will be able to make that train. flight delay, customs, baggage. So we can take the Leonardo Express to Rome Termini. And then from Rome Termini to Florence. if I book FCO to Florence, there is only 15-minute change time. That makes me nervous, so I would like to book separately trains from FCO to Rome and then Rome to Florence. Never booked 2 separate trains on 1 day, so I am looking for assistance. i know that it should still be considered 1 travel day. 

icon

Best answer by Gordon_Matheus 6 April 2024, 15:44

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You can use as many trains as you want on a travel day. The pass doesn't count trains.

Userlevel 2

Leonardo express is considered a regional train, no reservation needed or possible, just add the train to your trip,

from Roma Termini to Firenze SMN take one of the many Freccia Rossa doing the route, pretty straightforward, bookable on tickets.oebb.at, add interrail discount and click on One-Way Tickets NOT Seat Only

Badge

Thank you for your response 

here’s my plan 

book Leonardo express to Rome Termini and then book Rome Termini to Florence Santa Maria Novella 

I also know with a pass you are able to travel on as many trains as you like in 1 day and that only uses 1 day on your pass 

is there a procedure for booking 2 trains on the same day and using just 1 day of the pass 

that is the part I’m not sure of 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I also know with a pass you are able to travel on as many trains as you like in 1 day and that only uses 1 day on your pass 

is there a procedure for booking 2 trains on the same day and using just 1 day of the pass 

There's no specific procedure. It's the same for the first or any subsequent train. It's just that the app won't ask to activate another travel day for the 2nd and further trains if there's already an active travel day for that date.

Badge

Thanks so much for your response 

now I’m a happy train person