Solved

Bologna to Berlin with one country pass

• 1 December 2023
  • 5 replies

hi, my girlfriend and I would like to go to Berlin and Stuttgart next week starting from Bologna.

I saw on the site that by purchasing the one country pass for Germany (which we are interested in to travel around this country only) the route from Bologna to Berlin and return is included even though it starts from a second country, can anyone confirm?

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 1 December 2023, 13:28

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You can travel from/to Bologna, but in Italy and Austria only on the direct EC trains from/top Munich.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Secondary question. Can passholders travel freely on this EC, stopping off as much as they like, travelling back and forward as on a normal pass?

Or is it only a single journey from wherever you start-  Bologna/ Verona/ Innsbruck etc direct to Munich?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Secondary question. Can passholders travel freely on this EC, stopping off as much as they like, travelling back and forward as on a normal pass?

Or is it only a single journey from wherever you start-  Bologna/ Verona/ Innsbruck etc direct to Munich?

There is no further limitation, so you can travel freely, as you like.

so just to be clear, taking the direct train from Bologna to Munich (photos attached) and then from Munich to Berlin is it possible to use the One Country, the important thing is not to take timetables/routes that require changes in Austria etc?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The NJ Bologna-Munich (here incorrectly indicated as EN) cannot be used with the German Rail Pass. Only the direct EC trains, during the day, can be used.