Skip to main content
Solved

Lorraine TGV to Luxembourg

• 28 May 2024
  • 8 replies

Help please

I will have a Eurail Global pass.

This bus trip is shown on the Rail Planner app; there is no mention of the trip needing a reservation or a ticket purchase.

Do I need either or both?

If I do need to either buy a ticket or make a reservation, please advise me on where I can get either/both.

Thanks 

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

It’s very difficult to help if we don’t have details.

Please provide dates, travel hours and times, and if possible a screenshot.

Help please

I will have a Eurail Global pass.

This bus trip is shown on the Rail Planner app; there is no mention of the trip needing a reservation or a ticket purchase.

Do I need either or both?

If I do need to either buy a ticket or make a reservation, please advise me on where I can get either/both.

Thanks 

In the german version of the app all connections are shown as "reservation mandatory".

And indeed this bus does have a mandatory reservation (it's just a minibus). It needs to be done at least two and a half hour before departure.

I don't know if there's a real reduction for passholder. At other CFL services you do in fact pay the normal price but I don't know for sure for this one (because it's the most expensive one). You'd need to ask at the station. 

The normal price (that does include the mandatory reservation) is 21 € and can be done online: https://www.cfl.lu/fr-fr/ticket/internationaldetail/gare-lorraine

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks Hektor

The ‘english language’ version of the app also now says ‘seat reservation required’ with N/A shown as the reservation cost.

Maybe the easiest thing to do is to try & reserve seats using the app which I will do as soon as I purchase the Eurail pass.

Thank you for your response, it is appreciated.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

The app cannot book anything, it only redirects you to other websites such as eurail.com and others.

I’m 99% sure that the “reservation fare” is the same one as the ticket fare (21€). This is the same on the Luxembourg - Saarbrücken service as Hektor said.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks thibcabe

I do understand that the app only redirects. What I should have said is that I will use the link Hektor provided.

Mea culpa    😣

Userlevel 1

I have the same problem but from Luxembourg to Lorraine. At the ticketoffice in Luxembourg they said that there interrail is not valid there. But mij ticket shows otherwise.

Maybe the reservation fee is the same as a ticket price.

MODERATION NOTE:

Personal information has been removed in compliance with GDPR.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yes that's the thing. Interrail is "valid" but the reservation costs the same as a ticket.

Similar on the Luxembourg - Saarbrücken coach service.

Thanks for the feedback anyway. :)

Userlevel 1

I removed the bus leg part of interrail day, as I have a valid ticket and I see no reason why the bus compagny should get any money from interrail/eurail. Smal revenge.