Solved

Night train

Badge

Hello,

I have a trip fully plannend to Zagreb on the 9th and back on the 16th of september. I had booked everything except the reservation for the nightjet. Now i was going to plan and i see that there are no tickets avaible for the reservation for the nightjet. I dont care if its a seat or a sleepingcoupe. I would be happy with everything. 

But my question is, is there any option that there are coming tickets avaible to reservate? Or can i find it anywere else? Or maybe i just go on the train without the reservation? I checked also the BB site but also no tickets. Is there a person who had also expired this? Please help! 

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 30 July 2023, 11:18

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Please check on tickets.oebb.at first : add Interrail/Eurail as a discount. nightjet.com doesn't work that well for EN (Euronights) : Stuttgart/Zurich - Zagreb is one of them.

Interrail/Eurail has become even more unreliable recently so don't use that website.

If you have other questions, mention the route and we'll have a look. :)

Badge

Thankyou for you answer! I already checked the Oebb website. But you said add Interrail as a discount? What do you mean by that? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

For trains with compulsory reservations on ÖBB 

you select ONE WAY TICKETS (NOT only a seat reservation!) and add Interrail as discount card. So you get the correct fare for Interrail (in this case a reservation for nighttrain) 

I know a bit strange but the website works like this.

Badge

Ah in that way! Thankyou but sadly its still not avaible to buy tickets for the reservation :( 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

It says that there are planned construction works on the route. That’s why the timetable is not yet released. Keep checking regularly. There will be for sure seats at least available. I have used this route a few times and often had the compartment for myself or shared with one other person…

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Which route and exact date please ? We can't give precise advice or suggest alternatives otherwise.

As said the booking may not be possible if there are engineering works on the route.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Which route please ? We can't give precise advice or suggest alternatives otherwise.

As she is from the Netherlands I suppose it is Stuttgart-München-Salzburg-Zagreb

Badge

Oops didnt understand that! But thankyou very much for the answer, now i feel a little bit better and less stressfull!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Which route please ? We can't give precise advice or suggest alternatives otherwise.

As she is from the Netherlands I suppose it is Stuttgart-München-Salzburg-Zagreb

I'm not sure because OP spoke about nightjets and there is one leaving the Netherlands towards Austria too.

Badge

Its the route who leaves by 20:29 from Stuttgart and i have to step out on 9:16 in Zidani. And that says indeed that its under construction.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I'm not sure because OP spoke about nightjets and there is one leaving the Netherlands towards Austria too.

Also true! I just read Stuttgart-Zagreb in your first comment and checked that one.

but now also checked the Nightjet and that one is also not yet open for booking it seems (Amsterdam-Rosenheim)