Solved

Nightjet supplement for entire compartment

Hi, 

I will be travelling with my child (16) across Europe and using some nightjet trains.

Two questions, as they are 16 and we'd rather not share accom if possible, is the only option to book entire compartments?

Also, if we decide to go for 1st class interrail tickets; does anyone know if the standard supplement cost (~€140) get reduced as we are paying a 1st class ticket, or are all supplements the same price?

Also final thought, is the supplement per person, I'm guessing so, therefore sleeper would be almost €300 for the two of us! Is that correct? 

Thanks in advance for all your help 👍❤️

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 6 July 2023, 15:44

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

For night trains, most of the times a 2nd class pass is enough regardless of the accommodation type you book. But that depends on the train and route. Price also depends on the route and accommodation type, so please mention route, date and departure time.

If you want to book a sleeper and don't want to share, then you should book 2 single compartments.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

If you'd like not to share with others, then there are 2-people sleepers available too (same compartments but with 2 beds made).

Book night trains well in advance, they're very popular. Even more if you'd like sleepers.

The main advantage with a 1st class pass is the less crowded carriages. Seat reservations are often the same price or a bit more expensive except in Austria, Germany, Czechia and Hungary (+ a few exceptions) where you can get them for free through ÖBB.

If you'd like to take the Eurostar, book it ASAP too. It has a limited quota for passholders : 30€ 2nd class, 38€ 1st class. Check availsbility here : https://www.b-europe.com/EN/Booking/Pass#TravelWish

More seats to Lille and Brussels than to Paris or Amsterdam.

For night trains, most of the times a 2nd class pass is enough regardless of the accommodation type you book. But that depends on the train and route. Price also depends on the route and accommodation type, so please mention route, date and departure time.

If you want to book a sleeper and don't want to share, then you should book 2 single compartments.

Many thanks. Sorry just meant didn't want to share with others so 1 compartment will do great 👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Many thanks. Sorry just meant didn't want to share with others so 1 compartment will do great 👍

OK. I now see you added a screenshot of the Budapest to Split night train (that's not a Nightjet). You can book that one on jegy.mav.hu. Add the Interrail discount. For 7 July though (tomorrow), that train is almost full: there's only 1 bed left in a 3-person compartment for men.