Solved

OBB Nightjet from Augsbourg to Venice / construction work/ 11july

• 29 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Hello dear community,

I booked a group ticket from Augsbourg to Venice the 11 of July with OBB nightjet. 

We were supposed to depart at 23pm and arrive at 8h34

Now I see on the website that we need to depart at 22 and arrive at 11h33. (I did not received any email to inform us of the change)

I call OBB but they said they have no information and everything will be cleared only two weeks before (which is too short to have a plan B)

Apparently there is no more train for this travel also from the 12th of July? Is it true?

For the context we go to a wedding on the 13 hence the fact we want to be sure we will be there on time?

Do you have more info on the construction issue during this period? Or any other type of information about a bus that might be taken in a part of the travel?

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 29 April 2024, 11:38

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

The Tarvisio railway between Austria and Italy is closed for engineering works for 15 days in July. Night trains are rerouted via Brenner and still run.

The new timetables have just been published, expect to receive an email from ÖBB in the coming days, max 1-2 weeks.

The departure is indeed earlier and the arrival later. More time to sleep! :)

Thank you thicabe :)

Would you know if :

- we stay in the same train or if we have a bus in the middle?

- what are the 15 days where there is this issue?

- do you know if this is possible to book a train from Venice to Augsbourg the 14th July? (This is not anymore open for reservations - it was before)

Many thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You’ll stay on the same night train as it’s diverted = longer journey. Replacement buses will run during the day between Villach and Italy for daytime trains using that route.

The closure is from 11th July to 28th July. Hard to find data online (yet) but there’s a short notice on OBB website.

The night train should become available once the new timetable is settled.

Daytime trains will run as usual via the Brenner route. For example:

• EC Venezia S. Lucia - München Hbf 15:35 - 22:27
  • ICE München Hbf - Augsburg Hbf 22:46 - 23:15

Of course there are plenty of earlier departures with an extra change in Verona if you prefer.

You are amazing 

Thank you!