Paris to Prague

Hi, How is it best done to travel overnight.  Tried interrail - brings me to a load of connections.  Tried OBB - not showing clearly.

Please if someone has done this can you share pearls of knowledge.

Going to book a bed, but need to get one overnight train first.

Plus, what is special to see in Prague?

Many thanks,

Barb

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There are several options but most importantly, what is your travel date?

Since a direct sleeper from Paris to Prague doesn't exist, the fastest connection is the sleeper from Mannheim to Prague. To view this connection in the interrail app, toggle '1 change max.'. This avoids changes during the night. Note you change at Mannheim in the late evening.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Paris - Mannheim - Prague works well but I'd actually suggest going via Freiburg for a longer night's sleep :

- TGV Paris-Est - Freiburg (Breisgau) Hbf 17:24 - 20:26

- EN Freiburg (Breisgau) Hbf - Praha hl.n. 21:55 - 09:24

Times subject to engineering works as said. Book in advance (popular trains).

Many thanks to you both, the details are so helpful.  Have a great week all.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

It's still important to check for your travel date. There are engineering works in various places and on various dates this summer. For example between Basel and Mannheim, and then the night train will be diverted or leave earlier.

My recommended way would be: Short trip to Bruxelles (1h 22min) at 17.25 and then by night train at 19.22 directly to Praha. Possible Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Even possible to leave Paris later and board the night train in Rotterdam. Much more relaxed.

thank you all.  I am travelling early August.

Hektor, which station in Bruxelles please?

Found it.  An interrail search does not bring up a direct train to Praha …?

Bruxelles Midi is the departure of the european sleeper to Prague. Toggle changes off in the app to see this train.

Thanks.

Is it with OBB?  Mine is in Deutsch, can speak German but looking for an English translator button at the moment.

Thanks.

Is it with OBB?  Mine is in Deutsch, can speak German but looking for an English translator button at the moment.

Possible to book here: https://www.europeansleeper.eu/ (it's no ÖBB nightjet).

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Note that the European Sleeper does not run daily.

It leaves Brussels on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.