Solved

Sharing "My Trip" between phones

• 24 February 2024
  • 1 reply

Hello, My husband and I are about to embark on a three month trip using eurail global passes.  I have loaded legs on “my trip” in the app and paid for any needed seat reservations.  Questions:

1.  Can I somehow transfer the “journeys” to my husbands travel app on his phone or will he need to manually add each trip?  FYI - He has his ticket on his phone and I on mine?
  2. If seat reservations are not required what do we show when boarding the train, is there a QR code or something once the pass is activated?
  3. I have read we should activate the ticket in advance of our travel date but ensure we cancel it by 23:59.  Do folks often have problems?  I just want to make sure there is no issue with cancelling the initial activation as I don’t want to lose precious days..  

Thanks for your insight.

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 24 February 2024, 08:04

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
  1. You should be able to share a journey if you go into the journey, tap on the 3 dots at the top right and then on "Share as link”. You can try that even without activating the pass.
  2. After adding a journey to your pass by tapping on the switch in My Trip, there's a button "Show ticket” in My Pass, which shows a QR code. This is your ticket.
  3. The best is not to activate your pass or any travel days in advance, since indeed you can only cancel until 23:59 before validity starts, so if anything happens after that, e.g. you wake up ill, then it will be too late to cancel. You can of course activate with a future start date to play around, but after you're done testing, it's best to cancel the activation and only activate a few minutes before you get on the first train.