I have built an itinerary of major destinations for our trip in September. We are trying to use trains predominantly with only 1 car rental for the tail end of our trip. Our itinerary is outlined below and I think it would be best to purchase the 15 day pass as we want flexibility for day trips when in Switzerland and Lake Como. If I bought the tickets individually, it would be be about $350CAD less but I know that there are other benefits to the pass for day trips and other services. Looking for advice on the approach plus a few other questions on what the passes can get for you.
Itinerary is here: Hey check my Eurail trip https://www.eurail.com/en/tripplanner-map#adult=1&senior=1&start=2022-09-18&end=2022-10-03&travelDays=7&trip=8xAT01%2C25oHU03%2C2mhAT01%2C4a2CH01%2C4e3CH05%2C1sebIT03%2C3dzIT01
Major train journeys – Summary
- Vienna to Budapest – September 18
- Budapest to Salzburg – September 21st
- Salzburg to Zurich-Sept 22
- Zurich to Davos – Sept 23
- Davos - plan day trips between Sept23-2
5.Davos to Bellano Tartavalle – Sept 28
- Lake Como - plan day trips from Sept 28-Oct 1
6. Bellano Tartavalle to Milan – October 1
General plan with notes for day trips that I think the pass will be very useful and ultimately save us money. I am also interested if there are any benefits to using ferries (Lake Como), public transport (ie. regional trains, etc.).
Couple of questions:
- Are reservations advisable/recommended for the main trips outlined above.
- Additional benefits to other transports (ferries, regional/city trains public transit).
- Day trips in Switzerland - any agreements for discounts for gondolas and mountain transport.
Thanks for any insights as we would like to book our pass in the next few weeks.