Solved

2 months Pass, activation deadline

• 27 February 2023
  • 10 replies

hello, I brought a 2 month mobile pass in the 50% sale 10/05/2022

the last day for the activation is 10 april. what is the last travel day?

is it still possible to travel the 2 months after april?
😊

Thanks,

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 27 February 2023, 14:54

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You'll have to do the activation procedure on or before 10 April. The latest possible start date is also 10 April. With a 2 month pass, the last day of validity will then be 9 June.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Just be careful with any travel on the last day of validity, it is the only day where you have to finish your travel by midnight CET (2259 UK time), rather than every other travel day where all trains boarded with a scheduled departure up to 2359 CET are valid. even if they end after midnight.

Also note that whilst the latest date for activating your pass is April 10th, you do not have to start travelling that day, only that all travel has to be completed by 2359 CET on June 9th.

You'll have to do the activation procedure on or before 10 April. The latest possible start date is also 10 April. With a 2 month pass, the last day of validity will then be 9 June.

thank you. 😊so if i understand correctly. i can still travel the 2 months after April. if activated before the 10 of April.

Just be careful with any travel on the last day of validity, it is the only day where you have to finish your travel by midnight CET (2259 UK time), rather than every other travel day where all trains boarded with a scheduled departure up to 2359 CET are valid. even if they end after midnight.

Also note that whilst the latest date for activating your pass is April 10th, you do not have to start travelling that day, only that all travel has to be completed by 2359 CET on June 9th.

thank you, for your information. 😊

I am in a similar position to Amber with a two month InterRail 2nd Class pass. My pass must be activated by 10th April however there are no reservations possible on the Eurostar to either Paris or Brussels on or before that date.

Just to confirm, for example, if I find a Eurostar reservation available say on the 15th April, make and pay for the reservation, and activate my pass before 10th April, will the connected trip on that date be OK?

If I understand correctly my pass activation on 9th April will run for two months from that date.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Just to confirm, for example, if I find a Eurostar reservation available say on the 15th April, make and pay for the reservation, and activate my pass before 10th April, will the connected trip on that date be OK?

Sure. Pass and reservation are completely separate.

If I understand correctly my pass activation on 9th April will run for two months from that date.  

The best is to set the start date in the app now, so you don't forget. The latest possible start date is exactly 11 months after purchase and the app won't let you select a later date.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I am in a similar position to Amber with a two month InterRail 2nd Class pass. My pass must be activated by 10th April however there are no reservations possible on the Eurostar to either Paris or Brussels on or before that date.

As long as you start your pass by the due date you can start travelling at any time during the next 2 months. As I posted earlier the end date will be 2 months from the activation start date.

Thanks rvdborgt and Yorkie. I have successfully booked next available Eurostar reservation on 11th April, and activated my pass today after successfully linking the journey.

Of course I will loose three days from my two month pass now expiring 9th June but it was important to obtain one of the rare reservations. Ticket for 11th now showing as my out-bound leg. Thanks for your help and clarification. All set!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Thanks rvdborgt and Yorkie. I have successfully booked next available Eurostar reservation on 11th April, and activated my pass today after successfully linking the journey.

Of course I will loose three days from my two month pass now expiring 9th June but it was important to obtain one of the rare reservations. Ticket for 11th now showing as my out-bound leg. Thanks for your help and clarification. All set!

If needed you do of course know you could use your pass to get to the E* on the same travel day.

Yep, arranged the outward leg from Scotland to EuroStar too on same journey same day. Free reservation on LNER web site and €34 (€30 reservation + €4 fee) via SNBC (b-europe.com), the site where I searched for EuroStar reservation availability.